The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Loosing my job but have a baby on the way...

xploit

Hey all, for the last 15 years I've worked at a residential school for teenagers with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. Found out a week or so ago that at the end of August we are all being made redundant as the school is closing - there were offers of jobs elsewhere in the company but that's miles and miles away.

I recently got married and my wife and I are expecting a baby in September, not great timing for being unemployed,

Although I will be getting some redundancy money and my wife will have maternity pay, we are looking to see what other well paying jobs there are in the care industry that would support us both and the baby - answer, not many!

Just wondered if you were to start out fresh with limited money, how would you earn extra cash online (while trying to get other employment obviously)?

Anyone that would be willing to teach me some basics?

Many thanks...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your dilemma, xploit. There are many ways to get started online. It might help for you to read through some of the threads to see what interests you.

The cheapest entry point is probably blogging. Or niche sites.

This is a good place to start your research and education: Wiki

If you go with blogging/SEO/niche sites, I highly recommend Jay Wessman's site and course: LazyAssStoner :: Learn to make money online with a lazy stoner...

Good luck and congratulations on your impending daddyhood. :)

@xploit: Sorry to hear that. I'd go straight to making simple mobile apps with using "web app wizard" sites. There are sooo many popular apps which can easily be replicated. However, when starting out, it takes 3-6 months to see any real results, but achieving 25-50 USD/day is doable in that time-frame - and with almost no costs. You need some HTML/CSS and optionally WordPress knowledge beforehand.

Keep in mind that everything takes time, there are no quick fixes.

Anyway, I'm sure that everything will work out fine for you and your family.

the truth is that there isn't much you can do to earn money online that doesn't take a long time to learn. even then, most things you invest your time into won't pan out. the least risky thing is to learn "service type" skills that pretty much any business can make use of, like writing copy, setting up web pages, running ad campaigns, and so on. still these take time as well to learn, but they are skills that are always handy. if i as in a crunch financially i'd probably look at generating leads for local businesses by running ad campaigns using, say, facebook ads. not necessarily easy, but that's the kind of service pretty much any local business could us a hand with.

Cheers for the replies guys - i'm already quite knowledgeable in html css and wordpress so will maybe try a niche blog and see what i can do from there...

my best advice

Get some sort of day job now and establish some income. I know that is easier said than done. I would not recommend spending the majority of your time on affiliate marketing until you have the resources to allocate (a little at a time) to build a side business. This take a while to get going so you need some stable income first and transition over second.

If you have some knowledge from html css and wordpress fields then maybe you can start to offer your services.(Landing page creation)
Also why not to start with incentive CPA marketing? Make your own template or some of your stuffs what you made with your html css and wordpress knowledge,
set up content locker on your site where you are offering it.You could use video marketing for start(Youtube,Vimeo,etc),also make some test on other social networks.

For me it would be email marketing. I'm putting together a course at the moment, and will be looking for students as testimonials. I'll even coach my new guys too!. I wont promise the world, but can promise an online income.

I'll hit your inbox when it's all put together.

Cheers, Kane

I know this isn't the *best* idea in the world but I suggest that you join something like Swagbucks since it is free. They pay you gift cards for watching videos online and stuff like that. One of the types of gift cards that you can get is a paypal card.

It should take you about a month to be able to get the $25 paypal card and then you should be able to use it to pay for a hosting company like Dreamhost. (I think they charge about $10 a month.)

If you don't mind the grind of Swagbucks then you should be able to get hosting and a domain name I think you should be able to get hosting and a domain name for around $25 bucks and then be able to pay for that hosting for a short while grinding there for Paypal cards to pay for that hosting until you are able to turn a profit.

As i said, it isn't a great idea but it is the only suggestion I had how to start the process with no money out of pocket at all to start up your niche sites.

Oh, and you can try to sell some gigs on Fivver.com to try to reduce your start up costs too.

Sorry I wasn't more help. I am new to this myself. :(

Wishing you the best.

I'm not that hard up for cash but great ideas for people that dont have any - well done for the positive thinking Jane :)

Will be investing some small spare cash into a niche site and seeing how that goes - will start a follow along soon to document my progress

I'm not that hard up for cash but great ideas for people that dont have any - well done for the positive thinking Jane :)

Will be investing some small spare cash into a niche site and seeing how that goes - will start a follow along soon to document my progress

I am that hard up for cash right now so I've had to get a little creative when it comes to paying for my domain names. LOL!

I look forward to seeing you document your progress. I know you be great at it! After having the patience to teach for 15 years this should be a piece of cake. :)

hehe fingers crossed ;)

tried hosting that includes a free domain? could be a way to save some cash ;)

I got Dreamhost free domain for my daytime job but now I need to host another one for my niche site experiment. I think I finally settle on the name and am going to buy it tonight.

*does a little happy dance*

There was a way to get free .co.uk domains at one point - you after .com or would .co.uk be OK?

Was the GBBO site but now they just use yola so scrap that - sorry!

Last edited:
Hi, Are you possibly in Vermont ? Just curious.
I listened to an interview on the Glenn Beck Radio Program. With two of the many oil & natural gas company that have popped up in North Dakota. I don't know what your ,,,, ya know um Relocation options look like. But I do know that average pay in most of the area is $90,000.00 .

For any brits that are looking for hosting, 1&1 (not my first choice) are offering a years hosting at a basic level for .99p with a free domain. Check it out!. Leaves a little money for an auto responder each month if you have a small budget.

Cheers, Kane

Sorry to hear that.

If you have some html css and wordpress knowledge you can also try freelancing. Use the money that make from there to start with cpa marketing

banners
Back