The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Looking for some new effective sources for advertising!

Assume you mean REASONABLE or cheap advertising?

Adbrite and Blogads are worth checking out. Stumbleupon has really cheap rates of 5 cents per visitor and they deliver real visitors. I tried a small campaign but could not tell how good the traffic was. I've heard others say their traffic doesn't convert very well. But guess it depends partly on your site and how well you can target their traffic.

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. :p

Well it depends on what you are selling or driving traffic to.

But if price isn't a barrier then Google Adwords or another top tier PPC is your best bet. Depending on what you are promoting some say MSN converts best with the best ROI, but doesn't deliver nearly the volume of traffic G does.

Linda Buquet said:
Well it depends on what you are selling or driving traffic to.

But if price isn't a barrier then Google Adwords or another top tier PPC is your best bet. Depending on what you are promoting some say MSN converts best with the best ROI, but doesn't deliver nearly the volume of traffic G does.

Linda,

I've heard the same thing about MSN -- there's also ASK.com ... does anyone use MIVA (formerly FindWhat.com) or LookSmart or yellow pages for that matter?

Myspacing is actually not new, only the lucky ones succeed though! Most of my friends/co-internet marketers gave up on using myspace. For me, myspace is a huge huge market and you need to play their games smoothly. I have both winning and losing days using myspace. I learn their art and think like one of the so-called "teenage myspace rulers" in order to survive the community.

Does anyone else use offline advertising? I tend to rely on it heavily.

Once upon a time I had business cards made up with no info on them except my darling little logo and the domain name. I left one everywhere I spent money. :lol When I had my gift shoppe online, I used to slip my business cards into the last minute gift bags that hang on display in the grocery stores. "Just one!" And when I did my custom shirts, I had the same business card design imprinted on the back side bottom left corner of the t-shirts or the inside bottom upside down. If it was on the back left corner it would be obvious to someone standing behind the wearer in a checkout line at wal-mart. If it was upside down on the bottom front, the person wearing it could easily lift the seam for the reminder if someone asked them where they got it ;-)

ummm...DH has a real knack for being able to call in to talk shows on radio and tv and actually get through, and then slipping a plug in during the course of a perfectly topic appropriate conversation, without it even seeming like he's advertising. Of course he is up to his eyeballs in social issues and has a zillion economic statistics memorized. He plugged his site on CNN a couple months ago, on one of the early morning economic news shows...I thought that was so cool. They rebroadcast the show like three times over the course of the day on cable, that I saw.

He's trying to get an invite as a guest speaker on some different talk shows, too, and then we will try to move to radio or cable ads.

Mail advertising has been a total bust so far, though.

Don't forget to link to your blog in your email signature. It's actually very effective, not spammy, and sort of works on auto-pilot when you email people for different reasons.

I've had problems with aol users kicking back my sigged emails though. *&!#! AOL!

But yeah, Google Adwords can either be the best, fast advertising you ever had - or a miserable experience. On alternate days I hate it and like it. Getting it to work takes work.

MI
Back