The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliates Wanted Looking for Affiliates to find Clients who need Attorneys in San Diego.

J

James Polk

We have a simple program. We find Clients who need Attorneys, get them to hire our Attorney Clients and then do Paralegal Work for the Attorneys. The majority of our Attorney Clients are in San Diego. www.affiliate.apexlawservice.com is our signup link. We pay $100-$300/paying client and $30/paying client from a recruited affiliate.

Hi, James. I've moved your thread to the Business Centre with an Affiliates Wanted prefix, to help you catch members' eye. ;)

Hi, James. I've moved your thread to the Business Centre with an Affiliates Wanted prefix, to help you catch members' eye. ;)
Awesome, thanks! Yeah, new to the forum and not totally sure about how to post. I really appreciate it. - James

i appreciate your input, but we have legal advice on how we practice our paralegal sub-contracting. i have to talk about our specific business practices like collecting a separate retainer for our services that is separate from the attorney's retainer because the attorney is our client and we do what they ask us to do for the client. the website does definitely need more work as you point out. the point of the page in question is more about people in the industry who need to see that we have addressed the ABA legal guidelines with respect to the use of paralegals and with respect to paralegal sub-contracting. i am a local san diego paralegal and have created a way for some of us to pick up extra work and to connect local attorneys with extra clients. most of us do not quite even make $20 in our industry and we pay $30. it's a real nuanced thing. there are a lot of people in the industry who don't even know the actual lines and so i set out to create a new and different employment opportunity that also saves people money. yeah, bk, 11 U.S.C. 110 requires non-lawyer bk petition preparers to use official federal bk paperwork for client intake, there is an interesting case en re reynoso that was about a software program that automatically completed bk documents. there are a lot of nuanced rules about UPL, and so it has been my focus as a paralegal. we do have a web designer who we plan on using this next year, but we are just where we are with our article based website at the moment with a whole roster of professionals ready to do the work we drum up. debt consolidations is the other area where you need either a dre or cfl license or to be doing work for an attorney because of the agency issue and negotiations. there are a whole lot of areas where UPL comes into play.

• Lawyers must instruct paralegals on professional conduct rules and supervise paralegals consistent with the rules. See Guideline 1 p.5
Who are you attempting to explain this to; Attorneys or Paralegals (or both)?
What are you trying to accomplish here; Attorneys already know their responsibilities. Anyone with a paralegal education would know their limitations.

So, from a marketing viewpoint this is redundant and unneeded.
I haven't lived in California in many years but I know from a former business partner's experience that you are walking a fine line --back in 1974 he almost got charged with practicing law without a license doing debt consolidations and providing Bankruptcy filing kits to debtors for a fee.

It seems that your business model is more like a 'brokerage?' Who are the parties to your business model? Do they include the client also?

"The average Paralegal I salary in Los Angeles, CA is $64,487 as of May 28, 2020, but the range typically falls between $57,029 and $72,815. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education , certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession."

Employed persons get benefits too. So, I think a degreed paralegal with any experience is going to want $40 or $45 an hour just to pay the additional SE Tax (social security + medicare) plus padding for healthcare insurance and retirement. We are not talking about low skilled --like Uber drivers ...

Don't use the word 'retainer' for your fee for service. If you get above the radar the FTC or the State will have issues with that.

I think you are trying to circumvent the current practice --that may be lawful. However, presenting the idea needs to be simplified to the potential Client. The Client will not care about your justifications .. that is way over their head.
  1. You can lower legal your costs
  2. We assist you in using qualified paralegals to help you prepare your legal papers
  3. We assist you in retaining a licensed attorney to review all papers and represent you in court
Invest in a professional website and design.
I don't think you spent $500 in cash on your website and design --yet you ask for a $500 fee up front --put yourself in a client's shoes for a minute --would you write a check?

Don't even try to justify what you are doing --offer proof --a testimony or endorsement by a licensed Member of the California Bar will more that suffice. Can you offer that?

Selling a good idea that is disruptive is a good thing but when doing so you must seem 99.9% creditable ...

We had a CA CFL license.
What was the UPL issue that came up? I'm sure it was a perception issue and not you actually doing it. I know people have had issues when they maybe say too much about method of holding title. Yeah, we are small and I am still working on putting together money to have somebody build a better site for me. I have some guys who want to use the DIVI WordPress theme. I just have 25 different paralegals who do work for our 20 or so attorney clients and we have a very small volume of cases right now. My paralegals and I have each done outsourced work and do outsourced work for different attorneys on our own and this is my start to building a more steady flow. It's just me making a wordpress. I know some of the writing is the type of writing that probably confounds the issue rather than clarify, but we know that we are practicing proper sub-contracting methods, don't give advice, only do what the attorneys ask us to do after we connect a client to them and the client then does in fact hire the attorney directly. I feel that the writing is what makes it proper though rather than a more slick visual presentation and the potentiality of somebody thinking we are presenting ourselves as attorneys. I know on the flip side though that it makes for a lower conversion rate and that is something that I feel a responsibility to work on because of working to recruit affiliates. I don't want affiliates spending money and not making money. It is definitely a top priority for me. My other project is about to be an affiliate resource too, www.docupletionforms.com and it is a simple contact form program that integrates with a whole bunch of programs and completes legal documents. It also has an amateur website, but that is less of a problem because we are paying a set of programmers to finish parts of the program and nobody is really looking at it. I'm hoping to have both websites fixed up within the year. My hope is that I can find people who can recommend us for DUI cases in San Diego because we have a Former San Diego City Prosecutor Client who has agreed to take cases if people hire him after he offers after he talks with the client, and will use us for paralegal work. The affiliate thing is probably more of a detached thing compared to local referrals, but my hope is that we can recruit somebody from San Diego and we can keep making the funnels we offer through our tapfiliate better and better. Right now they are basic pages with our contact form embedded so that tapfiliate registers the click, and then the submission links the ip address to the affiliate via a webhook to zapier and a zap to tapfiliate, lol. I must sound like so many types of a hack at this point. That's why I got on here though, to get some constructive criticism. Thanks.

yeah, i hear you about the details not helping in the marketing of the idea. i think i have kept my site detail heavy to avoid people saying that i did not tell them that we were a subcontractor to the attorney they need to hire. we have a client (attorney client) dashboard in the works and do just basically have our 25 client attorneys who take cases and we work through the HIPAA email mainly. i worked up a clickfunnels concept page, www.apexlawservice.com/landing. it's the non-site, it is only a video, a picture and a button to click. i think it is probably way too far the other way. thank you again for the advice. i am going to start work on the visual website and deprecate the writing a level or two so that people can get to it if they want, but can stay on the visual and micro-concept presentation level and hopefully just send us a contact form submission. i really do appreciate it. it has been on the list, but now it is at the top.

That was in 1974 before I got involved LOL. Really, don't recall too much detail. At the end of the day, we bartered an office to an attorney (we owned the building) and just referred any BK filings to him. That satisfied the state.
After a while it was more trouble than it was worth --we stopped.
</end>
Did Facebook approve the cannabis legal services ad? Facebook outright bans cannabis and CBD is very limited touch and go.

You need 2 or 3 separated 'sites'
  1. For clients
  2. For Paralegals and Attorneys
As far as a web presence goes:
  • Any client will want to see an 'eye candy' and 'feel good' website.
  • Any affiliate will want to see a digital presentation that looks worth his investing effort and possibly advertising money in.
  • I am assuming legal professionals will what to see organization with a usable work assignment and progress dashboard.
    You want to automate as much administration as possible in the beginning so when you start to grow you don't hit an immediate bottleneck.
  • If you need startup capital form a new corporation and offer capital stock to the incorporators. That is if you want to do this at any scale.
  • Either that, or scale it down to a more local level and grow slow.
The legal business is about confidence, risk mitigation and legal cure.

Your idea may be workable one --but the details do not help you in the marketing of the idea.

MI
Back