The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Looking for Affiliate website examples

Adammo

affiliate
Hi all,

Hopefully soon I can remove these darn training wheels and graduate from the Newbie section :D.

As shown here, I though affiliate marketing and CPA were the same thing and so I signed up at Maxbounty:

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...iate-forum/19385-join-affiliate-networks.html

Also, as shown here, I do not really have a niche yet, or a good idea/strategy for balacing the promotion of products along with providing helpful advice:

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...filiate-forum/19326-help-finding-niche-3.html

That being said, would anyone mind providing me some examples where they have promoted products? As mentioned in my 2nd thread, I can see myself promoting sports equipment but worry that I do not know enough about the product to give an accurate description. I'm just wondering if others have found that in their ventures. Anyways, I don't need an entire website, but a blog post or something could be very helpful for me.

Thank you again :).

That being said, would anyone mind providing me some examples where they have promoted products? As mentioned in my 2nd thread, I can see myself promoting sports equipment but worry that I do not know enough about the product to give an accurate description. I'm just wondering if others have found that in their ventures. Anyways, I don't need an entire website, but a blog post or something could be very helpful for me.

One of the most common questions I'm asked on the forum is "can you show me some examples of good affiliate sites?" I don't blame people for asking, but I obviously can't share affiliate sites due to confidentiality. Most affiliates are pretty private about their sites and many have had their ideas stolen, sites copied or niches taken when they have shared their sites on a public forum.

That said here are some good examples of affiliate sites I can share because they've agreed to be public. See the link in this post. <a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/18404-examples-different-types-affiliate-sites.html#post57709">Examples of Different Types of Affiliate Sites</a>

The other option to see some newbie affiliate sites, good things they've done, mistakes they may have made and suggestions for making them better is to check out our site review forum (toward the bottom of the forum home page.)

Awesome thanks! I think the newbie ones in the Review section will be quite helpful. Will venture over there now.

So i'm still a bit confused about the approach I should take. If I do a general sports website, I think CPA is the approach I should take?

If I go with selling sports equipment, how well does a person need to know the product? For example, with hockey skates, should I actually go try them out and then review them?

So i'm still a bit confused about the approach I should take. If I do a general sports website, I think CPA is the approach I should take?

No you have it backwards. Affiliate network is what you want for actual products like sporting equipment and sports memorabilia.

If I go with selling sports equipment, how well does a person need to know the product? For example, with hockey skates, should I actually go try them out and then review them?

You don?t need to know the product at all and certainly don't need to buy them. If you were going to write actual reviews maybe. But you can do educational posts about the different kinds of hockey skates, or how to buy the right hockey skates or compare the top 3 brands. All kinds of things like that you can write about.

AGAIN let keyword research be your guide and lead you to the type of subjects people are searching for.

No you have it backwards. Affiliate network is what you want for actual products like sporting equipment and sports memorabilia.

You don?t need to know the product at all and certainly don't need to buy them. If you were going to write actual reviews maybe. But you can do educational posts about the different kinds of hockey skates, or how to buy the right hockey skates or compare the top 3 brands. All kinds of things like that you can write about.

AGAIN let keyword research be your guide and lead you to the type of subjects people are searching for.

Thank you again. Three last questions:

1 - Where do people normally find there various affiliates to market for? I found some through google "affiliate marketing programs" but was wondering of the more reputable sites.

2 - I am from Canada. Will merchants still be ok with paying me for promoting products?

3 - I believe in a previous thread you mentioned that the blog title is found through various search engines. Do I have that correct? For instance, if a new hockey skate named "AmazoSkate" came to the market and I created a blog (word press post) with the title "AmazoSkate Review", could I expect to see some traffic?

1, that's one of the benefits of affiliate networks. If you join CJ you'll find hundreds of merchants with millions of products for almost any market category you can think of.

If you are going to Google, then Google: hockey "affiliate program" for example.

2 Canada is no problem.

3 - I believe in a previous thread you mentioned that the blog title is found through various search engines. Do I have that correct? For instance, if a new hockey skate named "AmazoSkate" came to the market and I created a blog (word press post) with the title "AmazoSkate Review", could I expect to see some traffic?

That depends on how many competing pages are optimizing for those keywords and how many inbound links those pages or sites have. But yes in general if it's in the title and in the actual blog post a few times and there is not much competition for the term AND if people know about and are searching for the term. You'd probably only stand to get traffic if people were searching specifically for "AmazoSkate Review".

You would broaden your chances of getting traffic if you also added some general keywords about the skate if it's so new that people would not know it by name yet to search for it. I know nothing about hockey skates so am totally making this up. But lets say people search for titanium blade hockey skates and what makes this new skate great is the titanium blade, then you could expand your title to try to also get people looking for titanium blade hockey skates. A title like: New titanium blade hockey skates from AmazoSkate So your title is optimized for a variety of keyword combinations.

I think the main thing to remember with building affiliate sites, is that you're not trying to sell the visitor the product on your site. What you're really trying to do is to warm them up ready for the sale, while encouraging them to visit the site the product is being sold on.

Basically, try to create the idea in their mind that they want/need the product. Explain to them how the product fills their wants/needs.

That depends on how many competing pages are optimizing for those keywords and how many inbound links those pages or sites have. But yes in general if it's in the title and in the actual blog post a few times and there is not much competition for the term AND if people know about and are searching for the term. You'd probably only stand to get traffic if people were searching specifically for "AmazoSkate Review".

You would broaden your chances of getting traffic if you also added some general keywords about the skate if it's so new that people would not know it by name yet to search for it. I know nothing about hockey skates so am totally making this up. But lets say people search for titanium blade hockey skates and what makes this new skate great is the titanium blade, then you could expand your title to try to also get people looking for titanium blade hockey skates. A title like: New titanium blade hockey skates from AmazoSkate So your title is optimized for a variety of keyword combinations.

Thanks again for the helpful posts. I know you have lots of links for various things, but was also wondering if you had any good links that provided info on SEO? I think that would help me quite a bit!

banners
Back