The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Long Time Affiliate, Finally Making Push to $100/day Consistently

Out of the game for a bit. My sites were blown away during the transfer from one VPS host to another. I kept the original host files in case this happened.

It will probably take me another day or two to get the sites backup, the DNS setting corrected, Prosper202 installed because all the work on Clickmeter did not result in functional tracking - just blocking my links, and a bunch of other tasks.

This is definitely a grind. I am sure that I have put a lot of these obstacles in my own way because I have been dealing with technical issues for months. That keeps me from doing what brings in the money - build campaigns, and optimize.

Has to be the last hosting move. I also have to get Prosper202 working, or possibly go back to BevoMedia. At least with Bevo the conversions showed up more than 50% of the time. The links were extremely slow to transfer though. Will see..

I will also be adding another form of traffic using free sources. I am blowing through a lot of money with bing and want to slow down the spend until I am able to track things.

Once I have my campaigns running again, with two that I know can perform profitably, I will hopefully forget all of these set-backs. For the moment though, I am frustrated..big time.

Looks like I am done for a while. Every single one of my thirty plus sites, many that I have been running for years with hundreds or thousands of posts, are corrupted. Even my new site for this journey is dead. The back-ups have the same corrupt tables.

During the migration from Vultr to A Small Orange, the tech support guys said they were running into a lot of corrupt databases. I tried to recover and repair the WordPress data on Vultr, but no luck so far. I am screwed - big time.

I will not be posting anymore until I get rebuilt - whenever that happens. I will work to recover whatever data I can but apparently InnoDB engines are not easily recovered.

I will put up to a week into recovery. If that doesn't work, then I will have to rebuild. Not much I can do about my authority site with thousands of posts. The high organic reach it had is now gone. Needed a new look on a lot of sites anyway..

Thanks to everyone for the support. I am not stopping my journey, just dealing with what amounts to a devastating fire that destroyed all of my work for several years. Too numb about it to even be that upset. In shock.

OMG you are getting hit with things going wrong from all angles! Keep your chin up you're gunna make it big time soon, your jouney sure is a rocky one but you'll come out on top no doubt about that.

Thanks for your support @topspot . I am going to rebuild the earning sites in an html designer. This will get me back in the game. Have to learn a new design tool, but I will do it and post better sites.

Down..but not out.

Last edited:
so on bing are you using landing pages , or wordpress blog with plugins , or direct link , i was using direct link on bing with 1 keyword , and i got some sales on clickbank , and leads on a2ads and adwork media , it takes some time to get sales because when i use one keyword , i did nt get a lot of clicks , but sometimes i got sale for every 3 clicks .

@Redamrg : Great results if you are direct linking and getting one sale for every three clicks, especially with Clickbank high commissions.

I built landers for all of my campaigns using Wordpress with plugins, though I have direct linked to test offers. Never had all that much success with direct linking. My keyword lists are in the many thousands. Usually just a few keywords get most of the action.

Hey @K! Thank you for the support. I will have at least one of my affiliate sites back and running in one day. The rescue operation is not going smoothly, so if I get anything back I will be thankful. Build anew and somewhat wiser.

Still battling the hosting world with my old sites completely dead, and my attempts at rebuilding on the new server being blocked because suddenly I am not able to login to Wordpress Admin..out of nowhere! This is after I managed to get my page load speed down to 1.7s from 5.6 secs, making it worthwhile to stick with WordPress for the moment. The other tools for raw HTML5/CSS are great, but it is going to take me a while to learn them well enough to build reasonable pages.

Expecting the breakthrough today to get my campaigns running again ASAP.

Update: I now have my raw WordPress page load time down to 0.4 seconds. I know it will slow down some as I add content to my new site, but at that load speed, raw html does not provide much of an advantage over Wordpress.

I also figured out why I could not login to my new Wordpress install. Getting everything running again as fast as possible with a new traffic source also.

Last edited:
Thanks @marketingbro for your support!

I am thankful to everyone following my journey and cheering me on..Means a lot to me!

@RobEnvyus is going way beyond and helping to possibly rescue my databases. Meanwhile, I am moving ahead and building new pages for my sites that were blown away with the goal of restarting my campaigns this week.

I am looking at this data fire as a chance to set-up better right from the start.
1. Already installed Prosper202 and learned my way around it.
2. Got my new WordPress installs to load pages in roughly 1/5 the time I was experiencing before.
3. I now have my highest converting format dialed in for my pages to be both mobile and standard friendly.
4. I can get almost as much traffic as I want now, which was a huge challenge for me before. This allows me to scale much more easily than before.

All this means I am in a much better position to rock once I complete rebuilding my pages.

Once I turn my campaigns on again, I will restart my journey here.

Thanks @marketingbro for your support!

I am thankful to everyone following my journey and cheering me on..Means a lot to me!

@RobEnvyus is going way beyond and helping to possibly rescue my databases. Meanwhile, I am moving ahead and building new pages for my sites that were blown away with the goal of restarting my campaigns this week.

I am looking at this data fire as a chance to set-up better right from the start.
1. Already installed Prosper202 and learned my way around it.
2. Got my new WordPress installs to load pages in roughly 1/5 the time I was experiencing before.
3. I now have my highest converting format dialed in for my pages to be both mobile and standard friendly.
4. I can get almost as much traffic as I want now, which was a huge challenge for me before. This allows me to scale much more easily than before.

All this means I am in a much better position to rock once I complete rebuilding my pages.

Once I turn my campaigns on again, I will restart my journey here.

I can't wait to watch your recovery!

Are you hosting your landing pages on the same server as your ad server?

@marketingbro and @internalsoul - Thanks guys for checking in and the support!

I have moved off of Vultr.com - not set up for affiliates at all, no support, and all the problems started there - to A Small Orange (ASO). ASO has been on the spot with support and everything. Plus they offer auto install of everything I need including Prosper202. Could never get prosper202 to install at vultr.com, plus email never synced with my Thunderbird.

Setting everything up on ASO now though trying to rescue my sites before I spend the many hours or days it will require to rebuild even one site. I am going for the rebuild today. If it does not work, then I will devote the weekend to getting at least one campaign running.

Once I get a site up..I am going to reward myself with watching the UFC 193 fights...all 12 seconds of Rousey vs. Holms!:D

No news man? Keep up the good work! I m driving traffic using bing to cps , you re very inspirating, been thru a lot like you ! For your tracking you should try funnelflux btw, I tried voluum and Bevo but funnelflux is that thing !

Hey @herefornow ! Thank you for the support and kind words! I am working on my relaunch now though it is taking me longer than I planned. In order to launch again, I need to create another ad budget because I blew through my last one with all the of the issues I was having getting everything to work right. I will look at funnelflux. Never heard of it. For now, I have prosper set-up and ready, so will probably run with that for at least a month or two.

I expect to have the budget and my sites ready for relaunch in another week.
Then I will continue updating my journey.

Yo Maxin , if you want you can join me on skype when you wanna talk strategy . We could help each other ,share I nfo and support each other's , my skype is "fromwherearewe" I m from nyc btw @+

MI
Back