The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Local company plagiarised parts of my website

banchorypc

affiliate
Hello all

Over the weekend just by chance I came across a local company with a website offering computer repairs/IT services. My website offers similiar services. I immediately noticed they had blatantly plagiarised a couple of parts of my website. 1. The free pickup/delivery text and image in the right hand side column, word for word its exactly the same text and exactly the same image (same file and image size). 2. The footer image at the bottom of the page with various computer company logos. This image I created about a week ago in Photoshop using separate files. They have changed the logos slightly but its quite obvious they've used the image from my site as when superimposed in Photoshop most of the logos lineup exactly as my original. It wouldn't be so bad but they're a local company (competition). I also know they changed there site on Friday 30th March to include the 2 plagiarised parts of my website. Is there anything I can do about this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My site www dot banchorypcs dot co.uk

Their site www dot resolve-it dot net

Contact them and have the take it down. If they refuse go to their hosting company and domain provider through whois. Threaten legal action to the companies if the material isn't taken down. Usually once you report it, they will do something about it for you. Trust me these providers don't want any copyright lawsuits.

Good job! I'm glad I was able to help you. Thats very shady that they were unwilling to take it down after you caught them though. I'm glad that the hosting company had them take it down for you. haha very true you get what you pay for, I know I wouldn't want to hire a web designer that steals content.

Check your website using copyscape dot com & this tool will let you know the plagiarism content & you can use Services of Plagiarism controlling badges & companies so that search engine wouldn't rank them in SERP's.

banners
Back