The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Loading Site in Iframe and Analytics Traffic

undoIT

affiliate
Does anyone konw how loading an external site in a Iframe would be logged in Analytics? It can be useful to display a site within an iframe on a single page from another website.

I am curious how this would affect traffic being reported in Google analytics or any other analytics software. If somebody visits a page on one website that is loading another site in the iframe, how is the visit being tracked for the site that is in the iframe? Is it considered a direct visit? Is it a referral from the original site? Is it even tracked at all?

I can't answer your question regarding Analytics but I can tell you that an iframe is a bad option from an SEO standpoint... much better to create a separate page and link to it.

I can't answer either and you didn't mention AM, but just wanted to be sure you know it's against the TOS for many affiliate programs to use iframes.

I can't answer either and you didn't mention AM, but just wanted to be sure you know it's against the TOS for many affiliate programs to use iframes.

Yeah, using iframes for cookie stuffing is a bad idea. In this case, I'm using iframes to display external sites either for preview purposes or to let people view a page on the external site without having to open a new browser window / leave the current page they are on.

banners
Back