The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Linux V Windows

temi

affiliate
Linux is supposed to be the next best thing on the horizon operating system wise. I think Linux is an excellent server software but it really cannot compete with Windows on the desktop.

Though Linux nuts always claims its better than Windows on the desktop but in terms of user friendliness Windows is miles ahead of Linux on the desktop
Temi

temi said:
Linux is supposed to be the next best thing on the horizon operating system wise. I think Linux is an excellent server software but it really cannot compete with Windows on the desktop.

Though Linux nuts always claims its better than Windows on the desktop but in terms of user friendliness Windows is miles ahead of Linux on the desktop
Temi

I am a linux nut :) and proud of it... still, in the end, it's just a tool, an OS. The OS that lets you do your job best, that's the right OS for you. It just happens that for me this means Linux.

and for the record...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3410171
September 20, 2004
Microsoft Reveals Office Code to Governments
By Sean Michael Kerner

Microsoft (Quote, Chart) has extended its Government Security Program (GSP) by offering government customers access to the source code of Microsoft Office 2003. The GSP, one of a number of programs in the company's Shared Source Initiative, is meant to foster collaboration and trust between Microsoft and government organizations.

It's just me or "Shared Source" smells a little like Open Source, of course with a proprietary M$ flavour.... :D ?

banners
Back