The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Link Exchange With A .EDU Website!

Trafficman01

Hi all,

.edu sites are classed as "Authority" websites in the eyes of the search engines. These domains cannot be bought from any registrar and are only issued to Colleges, Universities or Education Establishments.

If you know your basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) stuff you will know that the main ranking factor bar none is backlinks (Link Building). The Google algorithm (Rule Book) as changed loads in recent years and it now gives more ranking juice to links that come from related websites. I have seen some sites rankings jump onto the first pages of the SERP's (Search Engine Result Pages) with only a handful of these quality related links where as I have seen some people spend countless hours getting thousands of free directory and article links and move nowhere!

Would you like to have a FREE .EDU backlink? I will give you a free backlink in exchange for 2 things.

1) Go to my signature link "web site income" click on the FREE DVD and listen to the video. Sign up for the FREE DVD and tell me what the words are in the parentahese in your confirmation email.
2) opt-in to reserve your FREE Page 1 Google Guide on the same page. (secret tip) in this book I will disclose how to get many .EDU backlinks for FREE.

Also you will find many FREE gifts on my page as well. Take advantage of the valuable content including how to get unlimited backlinks.

Make sure you email me with the "keyword and URL" along with the (word) in the confirmation email and I will place the link on the front page of the site. You will find my email after you opt-in.

I think this is a fair exchange.

As an added bonus - If you rave about what I give you in this post and how valuable the content was that you received I will give you a bonus link. I will place your keyword on over 40 blogs in addition to the .EDU link.

.edu sites are classed as "Authority" websites in the eyes of the search engines.

1. A .edu domain may or may nor be considered an authority site depending on its content.

2. Regardless of #1, a link from a .edu page has no special value. This is an often repeated myth but a myth nonetheless.

SEO article in Newsweek

In comments:

Matt Cutts said:
Matt Said,
December 12, 2005 @ 9:48 am

Yahoo links are helpful because they?re high PageRank, but that?s the only reason; there?s no special ?Yahoo boost? or edu-boost or gov-boost. Those links just tend to be higher quality.

Lightning Round!

And:

Fun Forum Finds - Bruce Clay Blog

The thing to keep in mind is that having a .gov or .edu TLD doesn?t guarantee you rankings. A site doesn?t rank because of its domain. The reason .gov sites rank so well is because of the high number of quality, trusted sites linking to them. NASA.gov is ranking for the same reasons you are, they just have about 500,000 more inbound links than you do.

Similarly:

I?m on debunking duty
Matt Cutts
December 8, 2006

In comments:

Matt Cutts said:
December 8, 2006 @ 7:51 pm

There is no special ?ODP boost.? The PageRank value of a link from an ODP page is solely because that ODP page has high PageRank.

Thanks for the response your information is valued. What if you were able to obtain many .edu backlinks? Would that make a difference?

What if you were able to obtain many .edu backlinks? Would that make a difference?

No. The .edu part of your question is irrelevant.

What would be relevant is

1. the content of the page on which my link would be listed and the relevance of that content to the content of my page
  2. how many other outgoing links are on that same page and how many of those are relevant to the content of the page containing the links
  3. the PageRank of the page containing the links
In other words, I would look at characteristics and metrics of the specific page which would contain my link. The type of domain (TLD) is not relevant to any decisions I would make.

banners
Back