The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Link exchange help

Sheff

affiliate
Hello
I have recently put up a new site it's a site based on promoting independently owned Toronto and general GTA shops. I have just started submitting pages over the last 2 weeks and exchanging links with related sites. The site offers a lot of dailly refreshing content but it's not ranked at all at this point.

Hi Sheff,

Did you consider one way linking? That means your site is posted on other's people site like in this forums, you could create a sig file like most of us are having.

The other way is to submit your site to high traffic directories or local internet directories without having to put their links to your site. This is commonly called inbound links (one way).

You can also write articles related to your niche or market and distribute those articles. This way, you will also create inbound links to your site.

The only down side of link exchange is that more you will exchange links, more you will get links to your site that you have to show somewhere on your website.

Hope it will help you a little.

Thanks.

If you have another site, put a link up from it! If not, keep getting links from other sites, try to get a few high PR sites, and you will soon be indexed.

Link exchange

Wait a bit more until you decide that you don't have results. Google updates PR only a few times a year (I think it happens every 3 months or so). Nevertheless, check your organic search traffic - if it increases, then it means your links were taken into consideration, although the Google toolbar does not yet display your new PR.

Blog it Baby

Without opening a whole new can of worms here... I'm going to through out a few general ideas to create a loop for the spiders.

Getting indexed just takes time, but there are a few things to speed it up. To elaborate on the article idea. A definite yes there. It seems that Ezinearticles.com is the directory of choice any more. Thats fine, it has a PR of 6 or 7 last I checked so use it. Make sure it is your own original, rewritten article... EzineArticles WILL ban you if not (This I know :( )

If by fresh daily content, you mean a RSS feed, take the info you get every day and write a short summery of what it contains, and a more detailed few paragraphs. Take the longer version, pick a keyword, use it in the title, scatter it around in the article and submit it to high PR directories. If you just want traffic from passers by - submit to hundreds of directories. If you want the search engines to like your article, just use one or two directories.

If you upgrade in USFreeAds, you can post all you want and back link to your self with keyword filled articles / ads that the search engines like. (also craigslist.com and postaroo.com)

If you have multiple pages, link them to each other

Spiders love blogs. It is real easy and fast to create one with blogger. Take the short summery and post it to your blog every day. Got to Technorati and/or Pingomatic and ping yourself. If you want to get more advanced, use Wordpress. Wordpress might be considered the "MySpace" for online marketers.

(Make sure you link from the blog to your site!!! even different site pages)

With an hours work each day, you could create a dozen or more link backs (every day) from high PR sites. Your own PR is determined by many other factors, but you will get indexed fast. These are all powerful basics and can be expanded on exponentially.

If all this makes sense to ya, there are two more very important thing to do. Get a Yahoo and Google free account. With each of these you get a home page... on that home page add the RSS feed from your blog!. You just stuck your site in there faces :D

I've done this myself a dozen times - works like a champ!

Brandon

Blog it Baby (part 2)

Well, @ell

I went off on indexing and forgot that the topic was link exchanges. My theory is that link exchanges are more long term... Linking is creating a partnership across the web. While this is very important, one must choose who they 'do business' with. Linking to a from similar sites are 14.3 times more important then general exchanges, then you have to make sure that the other party is still linked back to you.

Doing what I mentioned earlier about the blogging will get the doors open quickly. (who whats to exchange with a 'non ranked' site? )

If you are banking on link exchanges, you are playing a Search Engine game which is a constant uphill battle. People may run and hide from article writing, but it is far easier then trying to figure out what Google likes and don't like. (And what rule they are going to change next week)

Brandon

Hi Sheff,

I think it's been made pretty clear that reciprocal links are the best way to go to get your site a better PR. However if you do want to spend some time building some two-way links I recommend joining http://www.linkmarket.net/. There are thousands of sites all looking to exchange their links with someone. It's way better than trying to find them yourself.

MI
Back