The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Life is what happens when you're making other plans

frugalwench

affiliate
John Lennon was a very brilliant man, and truer words than these were never spoken.

Just when I get to the point where I know where I'm going with my site, and have goals, and am making progress, life slams me in the head.

I'm going to have to have surgery soon. A surgery that will cause me not to be able to type, which will cause me not to be able to work on my site for at least a month, maybe two.

So now I'm struggling to try to get as much done as I can so that it will stay productive during that time, trying to create some pages that I can stash away and add (one handed computing) during that time, so people will not think I've just given up on the site!

Sometimes life slaps you around, but if you plan for these times, you can get through them easier, I find.

I hope you will be able to continue to stop by here and type at least a few words during that period of time.

Whoa, so sorry to hear.

If I were in your shoes, I would start using voice activation today to start getting used to it. With voice activation you'd barely even need to type - that is as long as you get the training out of the way now so by the time you need it, it's relatively error-free. It can take some time to train the system right and I think it would be easier to train while you have use of both hands.

Dragon Naturally is the leader, but I think it's pretty expensive. Microsoft has voice activation built-in, so try that.

I've used Dragon at times when my carpal gets really bad. But my problem isn't typing as much as it is mousing, so I never really stuck with it. If I knew I was having surgery on one hand however, I'd force myself to get used to using it.

Again sorry about your hand and I hope the surgery goes smooth and you heal quickly. Hope you can come over sometimes and "talk" to us even if you can't type.

Thanks for the idea, Linda! I'm going to check it out. I'll check out Microsoft's first, because I really have no money right now, but maybe it will work well enough to at least get drafts done so that all I have to do is correct them when I can finally type again.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do either. Once I had a broken left elbow, and I did hunt and peck with my right hand, but that was only for forums. I'm going to be LOST!

banners
Back