The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Let the questions begin...

bigdreams39

Hi All

I've been marketing online for more than 10 years but I have never been involved in recruiting affiliate to market my products, seminars or web sites. Everything I do is related to real estate investors/investing. I've also never been an affiliate for someone else.

So, this affiliate marketing thing is going to be a whole new ball game for me. I've been reading a lot about it and think I have a pretty good handle on what to do but your advice will be much appreciated.

Please let me know if I'm heading in the right direction or if I'm leaving anything out.

Instead of signing up with one of the affiliate sites like commission junction, I bought my own affiliate tracking software and had it installed on my site.

I've already been approached by a few people who claim to have large list of real estate investors and they want to promote my newest membership site.

I plan to use affiliateelite to find other potential affiliates then contact them.

I've written a letter to go on my site to explain the benefits of the affiliate program. I'm offering a 200% commission ( $59.95) on the membership plus 10% on other products or seminars for the life of the member. The seminars are in the $500 range so the commission will be sizeable.

I'm getting a graphic designer to create 3 - 4 banners that affiliate can use on their site for an ongoing promotion.

I also wrote 2 different series of 5 emails for my affiliate to use to market to their customers and list.

Am I missing anything?

I thought I could also use Clickbank since they are accepting membership sites now. I've never used them before but I understand they are the best.

To get more members, I'm also considering using a CPA network and other lead generations techniques.

Any other ideas?

It seems that most people who market other people's products are primarily interested in internet marketing tools or how to make money products. I'm not sure if there are very many affiliates for real estate investing products.

Thanks for your help

Hi Jackie,

It's common for new merchants to want to set up on multiple networks, but I don't think it's normally a good strategy for a variety of reasons. I have carpal tunnel pain so can't type out all the reasons, but there are many valid ones.

One of main reasons is it will water down your efforts and create a shotgun effect. By the time you set up and figure out 3 different tracking solutions and are ready to start at square one you could have been 5 times further ahead just focusing your one program.

For a niche market like real estate investing, I'm not sure CB or CPA networks are your best bet anyway. I think you may have better luck doing personal recruiting looking for people already in your niche.

Hope this helps and hopefully some other members will weigh in.

Thanks for the advice Linda. It makes more sense to work with people who already have a working relationship with real estate investors instead of looking for people who sell linens and things to sell a real estate investor membership.

I finally got the Affiliate management software installed on my site and have all the marketing materials ready for them to use.

Now, the fun begins to start recruiting affiliates who already have a list of real estate investors.

With a $60 payout on a $29.95 purchase, I would think people will be excited to get signed up. I''ll find out soon....and report my progress.

BigDreams

know your competitors and develop a list of good keywords and go hunting for affiliates. Recruitment for affiliates is very rewarding when they sign up from your email.

I agree with you Jamie. Research is the KEY... the more you know about your competitors the better you'll do. Always brainstorm and spend some time on researching

MI
Back