The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

LeadSmack is down!

Dario

Yeah...I just received an email from them...
Of course they`ll pay every single publisher for october`s traffic...
They will continue with new PRIVATE NETWORK just for serious publishers...

Email

Hello Dario,

Apparently the previous message went out in 1 paragraph. Sorry about that. This is the same message, just a bit easier to read hopefully...

In recent weeks there has been a lot of things happening behind the scenes at Leadsmack Media and this message is going to explain exactly what is occurring at Leadsmack.com network.

As most of you know Leadsmack Media Inc. was co-founded by myself and Jonathan Smith in late 2012. In the first year we are a few bucks short of hitting $1 million in sales, which was a shocker to us, and we could not have done that without the strong support of publishers like you!

We learned a ton about the CPA industry over the last year, and in recent months both of us had discussed that we wanted pursue business differently both online and offline, and as a result I recently announced I was leaving Leadsmack to pursue a new online business model and private network.

Jon also recently contacted me and told me he wishes to engage in a new offline business.

So the obvious question was – what is going to happen with Leadsmack?

Leadsmack Media Inc. will no longer be accepting traffic through its platform on November 1st. This may not come as a big surprise to many of you who know us and work with us daily.

As for myself, I will be joined by staff from Leadsmack and operating the new private network for serious publishers. (invite only)

If you are interested in working with our new platform, and running traffic to the same offers you are running now at the same payouts, and terms then you can request an invite to the new private network right now by clicking here.

Good luck for Jon !

never worked with them. I know they had a bit of a run in with LeadKitchen. Not sure whats the truth anymore to tell....the truth

...there will a day come when all good honest businesses will take over.

Funny how there was talk of Leadkitchen and Leadsmack going to court - now they both close down!Hmmmm

I did a search on this (what sounds like) court battle but could find nothing on it. Guess it doesn't matter, end result's the same.

I don't think the end result is the same here, from what I can tell LeadSmack is paying all of their outstanding balances owed to publishers? Whereas LeadKitchen was just another scam network who run away with publishers money?

However, if LeadSmack was as successful as they're saying.. who in their right mind would close it down?!

I don't think the end result is the same here, from what I can tell LeadSmack is paying all of their outstanding balances owed to publishers? Whereas LeadKitchen was just another scam network who run away with publishers money?

However, if LeadSmack was as successful as they're saying.. who in their right mind would close it down?!

Sorry, I didn't express myself very clearly. I meant that the result is the same = LK is shutdown, I have no idea if they owe me any money because I can't login. They're gone, regardless of the reason. I really don't think they owed me much, if anything but I imagine there are some people waiting for money. Or so I've read on affiliate sites.

Yeah Leadsmack and Jon always seemed good people so i'd expect everyone to be fine...but like you say Sam, if it was so good, why close it?

Hi everyone this is my first post on CPA aside from introducing myself.

I plan to be fairly active in this forum so wanted to clear up some questions & rumours that may have been surfacing around what happened with LS.

The floor is open to ANY questions anyone might have. I will do my best to answer them.

This can also be a strong lesson for anyone looking to start up a new CPA network.

In summary,

As many of you know I was a managing partner there. I think the above letter explains why LS closed but one main thing was left out.

When we started Leadsmack, we were new to the network game & made a few mistakes. One major mistake was approving too many publishers without properly screening and not monitoring all daily traffic.

This resulted in some big accounts not only sending fraudulent and fake leads to advertisers but also being sold to blackhatters. As a subsequent result, some major advertisers pulled out.

This was a very BIG lesson we learned.

As a result my partner and I decided not only for business reasons, but personal as well that we would close Leadsmack and go our separate ways.

I decided I wanted to continue because I love it, and working with solid publishers is very rewarding. But now we operate under a much more private setting and more focussed on quality than quantity.

I think in any affiliate network closure there is always going to be some hard feelings and it was certainly stressful and painful at times for all of us involved, but we pulled through it and I feel stronger now as a result of it.

Most publishers with Leadsmack will contest that we did in fact close it with integrity and paid out ALL accounts that were owed money, and most of them continue to work with us today.

We tried to give as much notice as possible before closing & provided the option to continue running traffic at the same rates and payout terms with the new private network. I understand the stress affiliates are under with networks as I was an affiliate myself for over 12 years. If we caused any undue stress on you during the Leadsmack closure I apologize for that.

Darster…and all others in this thread...I too wish Jon the best of the luck. I am sure he will do well in any business he runs in the future.

If anyone has any questions please ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of the positive vibes. There was never a court battle with LeadKitchen. They just shut down because their scam was revealed. I am doing very well and look forward to participating in the industry but not as a network owner haha.

MI
Back