Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Tim,

Reading your LinkedIn profile you state that the past couple of years your primary focus has been on lead generation in five very different verticals. Do you primarily focus on mobile for lead gen or do you do desktops as well?

Definitely desktop as well. If its an older crowd you are targeting or even younger, if someone is on their laptop they are more receptive to someone calling them after they fill the lead out to sell them something rather than when they are on their phone who knows where. So desktop traffic still has a lot of value but there have been larger and larger shifts to mobile so its important to balance both.

I focus mostly on desktop. The people on desktop/laptop seem to be more receptive to something that may take more than just a couple seconds to read or watch. Also I find that desktop users are easier to convert into buyers than most mobile users. On the flip side I do think leads are easier to come by on mobile but it can be a very expensive market to get into.

I focus mostly on desktop. The people on desktop/laptop seem to be more receptive to something that may take more than just a couple seconds to read or watch. Also I find that desktop users are easier to convert into buyers than most mobile users. On the flip side I do think leads are easier to come by on mobile but it can be a very expensive market to get into.
I do agree with you. Desktop traffic takes more action then mobile one. But for certain offers, we need to rely on mobile traffic. For example CPI offer.

I will tend to say what I think is true. Over the past years, desktop traffic has been on the forefront because people were highly using the laptops and other PCs. However, today things are shifting and you can see that with everyone turn on the mobile phones to perform the tasks they would perform on the desktop, it means that it is a new venture for traffic. Yoou can see the likes of Facebook doing an alteration on their desktop site to target on mobile users.

The traffic source is depending on your niche. Suppose you are running a mobile CPI offer than mobile traffic is evident. But in case you are running a PC cleaner than buying the mobile traffic is wastage of money. I found Facebook traffic are converting like a charm than the other traffic source.

I acquire data (email) that the users have expressed an interest or requested info regarding a specific lead gen vertical. Then based on the vertical, I then match it it with a relevant offer. While it may seem simplistic, there is much that goes into it.

70% of the traffic comes from Mobile.

So if you have enought budget it's better on focusin on Mobile.

BUT tablets are often considered with desktops traffic, so it's better to target in 2 different campaigns desktop/tablets and mobile and see what perform better.

...it's all about testin

My wife is doing everything on her smartphone, although she has a laptop... She is searching on Google, reading mobile sites, posting on Facebook, reading emails, sending messages, playing games, listens her favorite songs, researching physical products and even shopping them - everything. On my question why she prefers smartphone, she said - "It's easy and more comfortable to me... and I can do it everywhere..." So think about the smartphone adoption, people love new technologies and they easy adapt to the newer devices.

banners
Back