The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Launching for relatively new product

dmward50

affiliate
I just posted another question, so I won't belabor the details of my program that I'm working on. I have one second major concern. The company has been around for awhile, but the product has not. I suggested to the company owners that they establish themselves a little more before we get an affiliate program up and going, but they want to push the button on it.

Here's what I do know- the product does sell- and nearly all their traffic is organic (they have no PPC). They were getting traffic to their site long before they launched the product. Nevertheless, the product is new. A possible benefit, though, is that it's totally unique.

Anyway- I have read up on why it's bad to start an affiliate program too soon. But I'm in a position where the merchant wants it to go ahead and get started. What precautions would other AMs to make sure that the program doesn't flop before it gets off its feet?

Thanks!

It is a major concern. I my self is an affiliate manager of a merchant who recently had launched his business.

Now, we have to think in another direction. If your company or project id new then you have to apply different strategies.

Mine are:

>> Weekly payment: Make your payment cycle as minimum as possible. That can be the single reason it will motivate the affiliates to join you. Initially focus on pay per sale campaign only so that you have to pay to affiliates if they generate real business.

>> Minimum Threshold: Keep the minimum payment threshold as low as you can do. In my case, I convinced merchant to make it to $0. It means, affiliates will get paid for the money which he/she earned. What ever it is.

>> Easiest possible payment method: Now you are making payment weekly and $0 is threshold, you can't ask your affiliates to take the payment by bank or wire transfer. Writing checks will add cost. Best way is to use Paypal / Moneybookers etc. In that case there is virtually no cost or very low cost to send payment.

>> Aggressive promotion: If you have marketing budget then utilize it wisely and make sure you have presence at all the places where you should have it.

That's all really really practical- thank you so much!

I'm finding that I've ended up in very personalized niches right now. As in- I'll be personally calling a carefully selected group of people- and having them promote the product. So in a sense, the promotion is actually one of the easier parts.

However, I think what my strategy fails to address is the long-tail and I think these suggestions deal with that.

Thanks so much!

banners
Back