The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Launch Schedules

dmward50

affiliate
Hi everyone. I'm working up a launch schedule for a new program and I was wondering if anyone might have a standard checklist or other such document that they'd be willing to share- or just an example of their own launch schedule. I feel like I'm bound to miss something since I'm pretty new at the affiliate management game.

Thanks!

It somewhat depends on the network (or if in-house). Generally speaking though, you will want to follow this timeline, with minor specifics added in.

If it is in-house, replace the word "network" with "in-house system"

This is going backwards:

Launch Date
Finalize Launch PR Plans
Welcome Emails Loaded - the automated ones in the network. Join 5-10 top programs for good examples.
All links/videos/banners/widgets/etc. loaded into network and a sampling of each tested to make sure they are working
Tracking links tested and approved.
Purchase advertisements (Such as ShareASale's Featured Programs, Banner Ads on forums, etc.) for the weeks of and after launch.
Work on creatives, videos, etc. that will be needed for the program.
Affiliate Site on your URL done - example.com/affiliates for example. Get this SEO'd in advance.
Meet with IT, designers, etc. and develop a timeline. Set announcement date in stone. Develop a plan for who will do what when. Think of things after the launch like: who will be responsible for new banners, holiday creatives, requests for odd sized banners, etc.​

Here are some others that you may be able to do while waiting on the others. If, for example, you have to wait for IT to set things up or have an assistant working on loading the creatives, etc. then you can work on these in advance too:

Searching for and compiling databases of potential affiliates
Planning announcement - forums, articles, etc.
Getting known in the industry and building up the hype.
Do you have any emails from people in the past asking if you have an affiliate program? If so, start emailing them ahead of time.​

I do some consulting for people in your exact position, starting a new program. If you are interested, feel free to hit me up via email - mmcwilliams [at] leglearn.com

Hope that helps!

MI
Back