The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Landing Page or no landing page

MoorJames

affiliate
Quick question, I was wondering if would be wise to start off making a couple landing pages for a few different products. I mean, 1 landing page per product or service. Would this be a wise thing to do for a new guy, or a COMPLETE waste of time?

what i mean by landing page (still learning about this) are those sites that have 1 long page that is filled with content only to link to the purchase of or links to another site where they purchase.

James if you are talking about those long sales letters, as opposed to regular landing pages, I think you may possibly be starting off on the wrong foot.

Retail or offer landing pages are VERY different than "get rich quick" or Internet marketing long sales letters and I don't think those longs sales letters work for anything much outside the ebook/IM software niches.

If you are planning to promote Internet marketing or "get rich quick" products or ebooks, you are swimming with sharks, as I always say and I think you need to switch gears. Read below to find out why I say that and don't worry IF that's the direction you were heading you are making the most common mistake most newbies make IMHO.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...de-no-money-can-anyone-help-me.html#post40227 That's just a link to my main explanation post bit if you read the whole thread you'll get some good tips.

If I've misread your comment and you did read all the advice in the newbie stickies and have worked on finding a good niche, then apologies.

Tell us what the niche is in VERY general terms (pets, health, ect.) and we can give you a better idea about what could work as far as landing pages. Maybe even show you some good examples. :)

Hey Linda,

Well, you may have misunderstood the question, but not totally. Well, my question is should i even bother.

I agree that those long sales letters are no good. Anytime i run across them, i leave without even reading a word- you can spot them a mile away.

I was just wondering if those even work? I was thinking I could make a couple to get started, and use as a learning tool (they seem cheap to make) but not fall into the footsteps of the others. I have read the material that Larwee posted and had some valuable information. I would make a nice looking page, fairly short with content (not over drawn) and presell the product, and send them to the merchant.

If I followed the advice from others, would it be a horrible idea?

Ok, kind of wanted to clarify a little on what i am planning on doing, and wanted to know if it is a waste of time.

I want to promote a particular product that is affiliated with my niche (nothing like affiliate stuff, or marketing or ebook). This is a product that you physically use for something else.

I did a little research, and not too much came up. I did a google keywords tool and found that my particular product isn't searched that much, not like many others. About 40k people last month about this. And since i already own a domain, I just thought that i could make a landing page for this product, but a couple of links up, and try to build on that, or until I can afford SBI again (maybe a couple months). So I just thought this may be a nice little project.

Yeah, or Neh

"lol, so maybe not so good?

Hi James, no it's more so that people are busy so you won't always get answers after just a day. It's also just really hard to know with such general info. Yet you should not give out your niche on an open forum.

It's worth a try though, that's how you learn!

Sorry can't give more feedback. Up all night with a family health crisis and am so tired I can't see straight. Maybe someone else will weigh in? :confused:

Oh sorry,

your right. But you guys have been so fast with all the others :) But it is worth a shot, I'll only be out a few bucks but up on some knowledge..

Hi,

Well to give input, I think landing pages are not a waste of time especially if you have the tools to make a nice looking page. If it's not a professional looking page then don't bother.

Our company uses landing pages for just about everything especially promoting other products. More infomration on that particular "item" you have can not hurt.

thanks for those links larwee, I also think landing pages are not a waste of time. You can use them to help target your keywords.

Just for laughs

I understand how seriously you think about your landing page. If you are like everyone else you probably have searched the internet for days even months and you are now completely full with opposing advice (sometimes from the same "gurus") and you feel kinda lost.

If you want to blow some steam off, read this page. I laugh every time....

I tried to buy it but it won't let me! Haha. Theres way too much knowledge to go looking on the internet. Personally I just get recommendations from my friends and follow their advice on whats good and whats junk information.

I understand how seriously you think about your landing page. If you are like everyone else you probably have searched the internet for days even months and you are now completely full with opposing advice (sometimes from the same "gurus") and you feel kinda lost.

If you want to blow some steam off, read this page. I laugh every time....

OMG Thomas that was FUNNY! Anyone that knows me knows how much I hate
those hypey ebook-selling one page sales letters. Oh, that was just too much fun!
Thanks for making me smile!

banners
Back