The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Landing Page Loading Speed

AmNovice

Hey everyone,

I've read online that load times are obviously an important factor when a click from an ad is redirected to a landing page. What are ways to ensure that your lander loads quickly?

Much appreciated.

Some factors I believe, that are important:
  • Keep the page size low by reducing images' dimensions and quality
  • Use tools like pingdom and gtmetrix to check page load speed and fix issues if any
  • Use a CDN even if it's free (like cloudflare)
  • Most importantly, use a VPS or dedicated server

Some factors I believe, that are important:
  • Keep the page size low by reducing images' dimensions and quality
  • Use tools like pingdom and gtmetrix to check page load speed and fix issues if any
  • Use a CDN even if it's free (like cloudflare)
  • Most importantly, use a VPS or dedicated server
Thanks for the reply!

I'm pretty new to this stuff. How would I go about hosting my landing page on my own dedicated server? Also, does tracking get affected if I'm hosting from my own server? I'm currently using a Chromebook, would I need a device with a hard drive to be able to do all of this?

Thanks for all your tips!

How would I go about hosting my landing page on my own dedicated server?
I'm assuming you don't have a lot of experience to manage a server using the black screen (read terminal), you'd need a control panel installed on your server that can manage your requirement of hosting domains and then webpages on it.

does tracking get affected if I'm hosting from my own server?
NO, the tracking has nothing to do with your server.

I'm currently using a Chromebook, would I need a device with a hard drive to be able to do all of this?
The kind of device you use has nothing to do with your server. Yes, it may affect the management of your server, like your OS may not give you the SSH/Terminal support but that's something your developer/freelancer should manage if you don't know how to do all that yourself. ;)

I'm assuming you don't have a lot of experience to manage a server using the black screen (read terminal), you'd need a control panel installed on your server that can manage your requirement of hosting domains and then webpages on it.

NO, the tracking has nothing to do with your server.

The kind of device you use has nothing to do with your server. Yes, it may affect the management of your server, like your OS may not give you the SSH/Terminal support but that's something your developer/freelancer should manage if you don't know how to do all that yourself. ;)

Thanks! So I can use something like FileZilla to host my own landing page?

Secure Shell App

ssh + scp should work scp is file transfer -no FTP client or server FTP daemon.
most easy hacks are in FTP/SFTP. Just secure your ssh to your IP or IP CIDR range -- if your IP is dynamic use a odd port like 100 or something --ssh server daemons have some vulnerabilities. If you don't have a VPS --get one.
FileZilla is a FTP client. It has been known to get compromised on Windows --but then that's another story :D

If you know nothing about servers use a host like Amazon AWS or another large company. They have decent server security and control panels that will function well in a web browser <<< this is what you want.

Last edited:
@Graybeard I'm pretty sure, the OP understood nothing of what you said xD

@AmNovice your first step should be to manage a vps and make it able to host domains on it, how you're gonna upload the files should be your second concern once you've managed the server.

Use HTML page if for AD, how to speed it up:

1: All stactic assets, no database query, just a stactic HTML page!
2: remove all un-used assets, include the CSS and JS, it's better to redesign a LP out of your main site.
3: Use .webp instead of jpg or other images format
4: Keep the page size small, the smaller the faster-loading.
5: NOW: USE CDN to deliver your stactic assets and the whole HTML page to make sure it load in seconds in everywhere!

I don't think VPS or dedicated server needed when you can use the free CDN to deliver you HTML landing page. But it's better to have VPS to enable memcached/reddis if the database query enabled on the LP.

Use HTML page if for AD, how to speed it up:

1: All stactic assets, no database query, just a stactic HTML page!
2: remove all un-used assets, include the CSS and JS, it's better to redesign a LP out of your main site.
3: Use .webp instead of jpg or other images format
4: Keep the page size small, the smaller the faster-loading.
5: NOW: USE CDN to deliver your stactic assets and the whole HTML page to make sure it load in seconds in everywhere!

I don't think VPS or dedicated server needed when you can use the free CDN to deliver you HTML landing page. But it's better to have VPS to enable memcached/reddis if the database query enabled on the LP.
Thanks for all of the tips! Will take me some time to understand it all but it's really nice to have this information as a reference!

I am also using HTML Landing Page that load fast. Page Load speed matter a lot in ranking your website because people love to visit on those blog that loads faster. You can also make use of landing page builder software.

MI
Back