The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keywords

How many grains of sand on the beach? No one can answer your question or mine. How many keywords does it take to answer all your visitors questions would be a better measuring standard. What information do they need? What are their problems? What can you do to help them?

I mean about 30 or about 500?
Yes!

It all depends on your niche topic and how deeply you want to cover it. 30 keywords would seem to be for a very narrow niche, 500 could still be a narrow niche. Where are you looking for keywords? Most free keyword tools return very few real keywords that people actually use to find what they want.

In addition, it is possible to use many keywords on a single page. I personally look for a niche with at least a few hundred keywords with good demand that are not too competitive. So much depends on the keyword tools you use that it is impossible to give you a really good answer. What keyword tools do you use?

There is no fixed number of keywords a website should have so you can have as many keywords in your website depending upon your business. So the more keywords your website have the more SEO work will require to rank them.

it depends on how long your article is. For example, for 4-6k signs article 5keywords(with 3-4 times remainimg in text) would be enough. If your article is oversaturated with keywords, it can be taken as a spam.

Hi Nikola,

When I create my own content I make sure my main "KEYWORD" is mentioned in the blog 6 time. This should be in H1,H2 & H3. The remaining should be in BOLD, underlined & in italics .
You should try your best to ensure that the keyword is semelessly integrated into the content. There's nothing worse than a keyword that stands out like a sore thumb.

It is also very helpful if you have a small list of "secondary" keywords that are closely related to the main keyword. i have no fixed number for this but lets just say 2 or 3 if you can. If you are inserting pictures or video into you content then a great way of including your "secondary" keywords is to used them in the description of the picture or video.
For the rest you should try to also include these in the main body of you content.

If you're interested you can check out the below link for some more information regarding SEO. I found it quite interesting and you might too.

SEO for Bloggers: How to Nail the Optimization Process for Your Posts - Whiteboard Friday - Moz

Best of luck

Jonathan.

The life you want

The best advice I can give you is to write to help your visitor.

Forget keywords until you have an outline of the content you want to produce to help your visitors, then write the content and you will have whatever you need in the content if it is through and complete.

I don't even look at keyword tools until I am writing the Title tags and getting ready to publish the post/page.

Write huge, useful topic pages and you will crush SEO.

There is not fixed number of keywords a website can have. It all depends on the niche of the website and the competition of the keywords. If the keywords are highly competitive they will take more time to rank. It is always better to start with less number of keywords and targeting long tail keywords at first.

Choosing keywords is an essential stage in the SEO process.The exact number will depend on your budget and your timeframe for results, however, primarily targeting about 5 keywords to start with is recommended for most small businesses.

Thanks
Bruce Mesnekoff

I would say to use common sense and forget about keywords. If you write for your readers and your goal is to help them, you will hit most of what you need naturally.

I rarely do keyword research in depth anymore and focus on the content being awesome and helpful to my readers. The rest seems to work itself out.

The semantic web is a wonderful place for writers and storytellers.

According to my point of you, there is no limit set for keywords, but its all depends on your niche and the keywords which you want to promote.There are 8 places that you can use keywords on your website to signal to Google which pages on your site you want to rank for which keywords.You don’t have to use a keyword, or variations of it, x amount of times to be able to rank a page for that keyword – there’s no magic number to aim for. What you should not do is let the quality or professionalism of a page suffer because you’re trying to force a keyword in a couple more times.

Hi Nikola,

Great answers above ^^ just wanted to add something short and sweet at the bottom.
Keywords are not subjects where you have to focus too heavily on the numbers. Look more towards relevance and what words can help people find you. Good luck!

You must have to select Keywords depends on your niche topic. It's totally depends on searches. You have to find first which keyword will is highly searched for your business. The exact number will depend on your budget and your time-frame for results, however, primarily targeting about 5 keywords to start with is recommended for most small businesses. To some businesses, that might not seem a lot, but targeting 5 keywords doesn’t mean that your website will only rank for 5 keywords and get traffic from 5 keywords.

MI
Back