The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Key to Affiliate Success - Try, Test, FAIL & Learn

This is so interesting and true all at the same time. But what I ask myself is why? Why would someone go into something with full intentions of succeeding and then after a few short months if that quick?

I think the real truth is in the way they are presented with the opportunities they are trying. Most of the offers out there today make it seem so easy, and so fast, all but tell you it is a get rich quick scheme.

When in fact it is not, Affiliate Marketing is just like any other business, it is a business that must be operated and run. You simply have to expect that and there lies the real issue in my opinion. Real expectations are not being set because it is not good for advertising.

Some people would rather someone say " You can make a lot of money but it is going to take time and hard work give it a year or maybe 2 before you really start seeing the money roll in", rather than "You will make money fast online" and after a few months of doing exactly what they tell you no more income than when you started.

I am sure that is part of the reason so many people throw in the towel without ever giving it the time it needs to succeed for them.

I have purchased two e-books on affiliate marketing, and from two people that both swear by what they do... and promise that if you do the work you will see results. They do not promise overnight riches. In fact, the one I just bought last week says expect a year to see serious results.

The key isn't in the books, although there is some great information in them. The key is in you.

The first e-book I bought detailed a great 30 day article marketing plan. I implemented this plan immediately and saw results (proving his plan does work). But, I have put that on hold. I realized that he was missing a piece of the puzzle, and that was the testing aspect. He mentions that he does it, but does not detail it.

So I purchased another book. The plan on this one is heavily revolved around testing. But it doesn't go into detail on what to do when you find your niche/keywords work.

In short, alone, these two books are great... but like many things they miss part of the picture.

I am now building an ACTION plan revolving around both of these books. Using keys from one to crank out test sites at an alarming rate, and once the niche proves promising (and I have learned some converting keywords) I create a domain and crank out articles like there is no tomorrow.

Combine this with a book I re-read for the 4th time today and implementing some of the tasks it details... I will be rolling in no time flat. The book is The Four Hour Workweek, by Tim Ferris. The implementation part comes from the batching. I have been reading about batching article writing (doing a weeks worth of articles in one sitting) so it naturally fits.

In short, it is the action that shows the results. I have proof that results can easily come with just moderate action. I have spent some money to test theories, test plans, and to test myself. Every step I have made has resulted in minor success, but I have not hit home runs. Every time I try something else I add another valuable tool to my arsenal. I am at the point that I am going to officially launch in the coming weeks. I feel very confident that I have the skills and talent needed to make things happen.

A few people who succeed in affiliate marketing are the ones who took guts to continue when everything seems to be not what they expect.

"Pain is temporary, quitting lasts a lifetime"

That is totally true.

At times it seems like an uphill battle, one that you just cant seem to win. Then others it just seems like momentum is on your side, and you cannot be stopped.

I have tested most theories thrown at me (besides PPC, those theories come later... though I will be honest, I am kinda excited to learn it now). Every theory thrown at me, has proven true. Including that if you put effort in, you will get returns.

It gets hard at times when you want to see results now, but just the small successes can empower a larger journey.

1st off Longroad love the avatar!

This gentleman's view(s) is hauntingly familar to the journal entries I keep as a 'newbie' trying to stay focused on all that I've learned from failures, as truth has it they're not failures at all. I like the way he thinks. Tho I still get negative from time to time, from the day i started and learned of the basic concept of affiliate marketing (6 weeks ago) I have definitely scraped a knee, tumbled down the mountain, and even wanted to throw in the towel a time or two.

But then, I'd be a hypocrite cause I tell our children all the time, don't worry what people at the base of the mountain say or think when you tumble. Simply remember; the more effort you apply to reach the top, the sooner you'll have seen it, and know the way. Even if you do find yourself surrounded those who allow fear to stall them from making the climb, cause usually they are the ones jaw-boning & waiting for someone like you; with "vision" to help them, teach them, and lead them to the top.

And I like Entrepreneur above... love Alva's genius "I never failed, I simple found success was a 2000 step process":D

Sounds like to me that everyone here is saying it does not really matter which approach you tke to succeed. Rather the fact that you have to really work at whatever you are doing to see results. So the real hidden key if you will is ACTION, it take planned daily or consistent action to succeed!

Great information here!

Affiliate Marketing has to be treated with a Marketing mindset. Just like with offline marketing efforts (T.V ads, radio ads, billboards, ect), testing is critical to achieve success. What may work now be not be as effective down the road; or there may be a campaign that is more effective to tapping into a large target audience, but you won't know until you test different creatives, copy, landing pages, ect.

Regards,

Great post Linda, Can;t agree more, Persistence is the key here. You fall 99 times and rise up 100 times.
Thanks for the amazing read. I like the forum.
613.jpg

Yes Mexia,

Persistence is vital in this industry there will be time when everything seems to be at a stand still and nothing you do seems to be working. If you give up you will miss out of the next time that would have worked like a charm and provided you with motivation and momentum. So be persistent and keep pushing nothing happens over night and you can only learn after you fail. Failing is not true failure it is figuring out the right way to do things. The only true failure is giving up before you succeed!
:D:D:D

OutStanding!

Linda,
Thank you for posting.
I want to reiterate and make the point that the mindset is the key factor to fulfilling any life goal.
My favorite quote by Henry Ford: If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. ;)

Swannee, this was food for the wise. The mind is a powerful thing we are all where we are in life right this moment because of thought and mindset from our past be it positive or negative. So if you truly want to change your situation you have to first change your thinking. I am 100% on board with that! Keep a Positive mind and Positive things will happen in your life!

This Is True

Great point.
I see way too many posts and comments about people throwing in the towel after one month!
This is long term, not short term. Stick with it and you will succeed.

Compared to investing in property (which i often like to compare affiliate marketing to), seeing returns from online business is SHORT! Property can take up to 10 years or more to give you a good ROI but online you can get it in 2 years or sometimes less. It doesn't seem so daunting when you look at it that way!

Instant success is usually unlikely unless you already have things set up.
Setup is even used in the boxing ring as well as in any sport. One needs to set up the market environment and it takes what ever degree of time. There is usually a learning curve. Most people can't enduer. That's why the reward is so great. It's merely called work. Who likes to work? the answer is: the successful!

Paperkool,

I agree with what you are saying, but let us not forget that some of the people would be willing to work if they are told in the advertising phase that there will be work do be done to succeed. We so ofter see these Make X amount of dollars in a month or whatever timeframe they choose to use, and people have that set as their expectation not fully understanding what it will take to get you to make any money at all in this business.

Once the poor unsuspecting person gets in and don't make thousands of dollars overnight they feel like they have been scammed then they lose interest very quick and either forget the whole idea or go looking for the next promise to get rich overnight.

He makes some interesting points. Just like anything that is worthwhile, you need to work for it..and have the desire. After having had my own business before I know where he is coming from, persistance and desire is needed to have success.

I totally agree, without it you will surely fail. The first little obsticle that comes your way and you are ready to through in the towel. You must have a powerful reason for wanting to do this your WHY is very important and needs to be viewed as much as possible to keep the motivation up in a lot of cases. However if you are doing something you really enjoy it is a bit easier to stick to something once you start it.

Linda,
Thank you for posting.
I want to reiterate and make the point that the mindset is the key factor to fulfilling any life goal.
My favorite quote by Henry Ford: If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. ;)

I like this quote ;) That's a good one!
And I agree with these of you, which have thought that at the beginning affiliate marketing it's a hard work. But this work is worth the results!
Regards

Yes anything worth having is worth working for. I know that this is a business and should be viewed as such and like any business there are daily task that must be performed in order to keep the business afloat. If you are not willing to work for what you want you are in the wrong line of work. Try the Lottery! :)

You're so right!

Paperkool,

I agree with what you are saying, but let us not forget that some of the people would be willing to work if they are told in the advertising phase that there will be work do be done to succeed. We so ofter see these Make X amount of dollars in a month or whatever timeframe they choose to use, and people have that set as their expectation not fully understanding what it will take to get you to make any money at all in this business.

Once the poor unsuspecting person gets in and don't make thousands of dollars overnight they feel like they have been scammed then they lose interest very quick and either forget the whole idea or go looking for the next promise to get rich overnight.

It's a true jungle out there. It's pathetic as I see it like this: Should I get angry at the lion who ate the monkey? I can try to explain, but sometimes the best teacher is experience. In Judo / Karate, they teach you how to fall. Then they beat you up, so that you become stronger. I'm a stronger marketer from getting beat up and robbed so many times. This aint for everyone.

I'm a stronger marketer from getting beat up and robbed so many times. This aint for everyone.

So let's see: It's not quick money. It's not easy money. It requires hard work, patience, and perseverance.

I'm surprised everyone isn't doing this. :D

banners
Back