The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Key to Affiliate Success - Try, Test, FAIL & Learn

Just to reiterate the above post - i've spent so long working on my own now and felt that i was never really getting anywhere. Posts like this are so helpful to see how others deal with situations and run their businesses.

Extremely glad I signed up :)

There is a ton of hype out there that leads many new affiliates to believe that it is easy to make millions online overnight, but a long term consistant approach is always best. With any challenge that has a worthwhile outcome, it will be a long and hard road. Study the game, learn all you can, and get up when you fall down. Of couse some people might strike gold with their first campaign, but for others it usually takes a few failures.

Great post and some very good info in this thread :)

Good points... frankly speaking when i've started with affiliate marketing I didn't make any money in my first 6 or 7 months so i gave up ... but some how because of my day job stress i thought i should give it an another try becuase i was just sick of daily job stress but this time i've planned everything like what programs i'll worked with and how i'll promote them ... I didn't sign up with hundreds of programs and learned from my previous mistakes .. and only worked with few but quality programs ... in short ... after approx one half month of my website launch i've made my first sale which was $35 and it was a very big motivation from me to go ahead and try harder ... now i am making decent money online with affiliate marketing ... only thing don't give up in couple of months ... and i m sure you'll get all the answers to questions here... which will help you to get you your first success .....

Quality Affiliates

I love the tip of working with only high quality affiliates and keeping it to a small number. It seems to me that if concentrating on a few you would attend better to the needs of the market and also be able to track and follow our own progress.
How is a newbie to tell if the affiliate is of great quality?

Jan

Much like a face to face sales force, people's lives change, thus you should gage the sales and talents of your affiiates all the time as your primary sales force could change

Rick

The main thing is to stay motivated and understand that success won't happen overnight. Affiliate marketing is not a get rich quick scheme. You need be put some effort in for it to work :)

Yes you should learn from mistakes. An ebook can't really help you deliver what it is that you want, you just have to get out there, get your feet wet and learn from your experiences

Some Final Word on Financial Success...

Creating financial success is as varied and different for each of us that any of the following can work for you and have for others.

You could buy a lottery ticket or try painting a masterpiece and waiting until it becomes valuable? You could inherit it from a long lost relative or perhaps win the Nobel Peace Prize for Literature (approx $1.5 Million). You could steal it (not recommended) or my personal favourite, marry it ;).

Now I'm not discounting any of the above method, however in my own personal life experience, if you really want to gain success you should do the following.

• Get on with it - don't wait start NOW!
  • Believe in it,
  • Be passionate about it,
  • Follow it,
  • Give 100% to it
  • Never be satisfied.
And finally, you should not listen to others, including me. Especially me.

Find what YOU need, learn what YOU need and DO what YOU need.

Live Life with Passion and Enjoy every minute of it, Good Luck for the Future

Nigel

Great post Linda. I reckon mindset is the foundation in IM. Although mechnic parts are also important. But without the mindset (never give up and learn from errors), all the tools and techniques from ebooks and training courses will be much less effective.
Just need to get it going rather than get it right. Then adjust and improve along the way.

Spent thousands sick of spending

Well I've got the mind set because after 2 years of not making any money I'm still trying to make this work. I have three big problems. One, my credit sucks. Two, I have no money. Three, I can't get traffic to my website. A lot of help would greatly be appreciated.

I have three big problems. One, my credit sucks. Two, I have no money. Three, I can't get traffic to my website. A lot of help would greatly be appreciated.

Hi noslermarketing, firstly a big thumbs up for your perseverance, god, we all know how hard it can be to keep at it. The good news is that despite your first two problems, getting traffic can be achieved by sheer hard work and no money.

Fortunately you've come to the right place. Check out the other areas of the forum for more specific guidance on generating traffic and you won't be disappointed.

Try, test, fail n learn...thats happened to me until now...my opinion is if I can beat the learning curve and obstacles, thats positive thing and money may follow for my effort, passion, patience and focus.

So far I've been 6months in IM and I'm in process to try my own technique...may god bless me to be succeed. :cool:

Try, test, fail n learn...thats happened to me until now...my opinion is if I can beat the learning curve and obstacles, thats positive thing and money may follow for my effort, passion, patience and focus.

So far I've been 6months in IM and I'm in process to try my own technique...may god bless me to be succeed. :cool:
Thanks! And good luck.

Hello, Everyone ...i,m new here and i,m glad to meet everyone and i hope everyone is having a Great Evening. I wanted to just say hello and i hope to meet a few of you and talk about Network Marketing. I hope to hear from some of you........bye for now.....

Welcome aboard!

You have found the greatest resource in regards to affiliate marketing anywhere on the web. You get a place that teaches you the tactics, and a mastermind forum to help you out with anything you do not quite understand... with a great price tag!

And this post really helps. One month in and I have learned a hard lesson (picked a niche that is hard to monetise.) So I set out to start again, armed with new information that I did not have before... and best of all...

This time I am going in with a plan (what I didnt have on my first site, although I did made $1.88 on adsense with it.) And the best part is, I have all that information from my first site to help me out, my failures.. but I had a really big success with it to build on.

In failing to realise a way to monetise it, and one way that I planned on not working out, I did learn valuable lessons on SEO. I have had this site sitting on page 2 for a fairly competitive broad term set of keywords since about 4 days in (minus the 4 days I was sandboxed for changing my site around). And in researching my new niche, I figure I could take page 1, and can say so with confidence in knowing that it didn't take a whole ton of effort to get my other site where it is now (and the competition for this new keyword is about the same as my first site).

Yes I totally agree. You only get results with hard work and consistency. You can never expect to make money over night. Many people do give up too quickly though. I think in order to know if a program is going to work, you need to give it at least 6 months or longer. If you are not seeing steady progress then its time to try something else. You do want to give it time, but you also don't want to waste your time. I am very new to affiliate marketing, but I can see that with hard work I too can succeed with this. Do you have any recommendations on what the best programs are for new affiliates?

I'm still working the failed site, since it is still good for adsense revenue.

The niche is rough because the products are not practical to ship, but it works as an adsense site because it is full of information that people look for on the niche.

The mistake I made here was that I assumed I would be able to promote the products for affiliate payouts, but shipping costs make it too restrictive. I did not think the idea through before committing. The site still works for a smaller income, just not what I wanted it for.

MI
Back