The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Key to Affiliate Success - Try, Test, FAIL & Learn

frugalwench so glad surgery is behind you and I hope the pain is subsiding.

You know this is a very good lesson though. It's easy getting caught up in the day-to-day just busily working and sometimes you need to STOP - or in your case you were FORCED to stop - and re-evaluate everything and make sure you're on the right track.

That you so much for sharing those lessons with our 'stars'.
I'm sure they'll be helpful to many of our readers!

That's pretty well what I did with my site and used subfolders to organize and stuff keywords. This is actually the opposite of what some marketers suggest which is get a few niches and stick to them, but I've always been a have something for everyone kind of guy ever since I went self-employed full time a few years back. Didn't promote on the net back then ,wow about 15 years ago now, and may be full time again soon this time on the net

Rick

I'm sort of mixing the niche site with some blogging stuff as well. Might throw in a few one page affiliate things for seasonal stuff that will make me some extra money. I love blogging, and even though it doesn't bring in big bucks, with some affiliate links and ads thrown in, it's a small stream that will keep me above water during the lean times. It's a good source of linkbacks to your main site.

I saw someone today, a "one page wonder" complaining that Google had killed a large source of his income by knocking his affiliate page down. He couldn't even find the title in the search results. I'm not sorry for him. One page campaigns can't be counted on as a steady stream of income, and anyone who does is just foolish. I'm personally glad that Google is blasting those sorts of pages in favor of those of us who do the work to have a real "site" with continuing updating and valuable, timeless information.

I can see making a few bucks here and there with some one page sites to promote something hot, and maybe make some bucks from it, but to complain when the gravy train ends is immature to me, and I can't feel sorry for them.

You know, I just got a great email from someone who said pretty much the same thing. He said that failure is just a test result. I never thought of it like that, but boy, I sure am getting some crappy test results so far! LOL

when first starting out it is hard not to get caught up in all the hype everyone is trying to sell you, if you take a look into every pop-up that you see or every email that you get you will never get anything accomplished. I'm finding that when I'm trying to promote or make changes to my site that I have to only focus on the task at hand because it is easy to get distracted by all the I made $20,000 in one day let me show you how hype....Foucus is key..

I learned the lesson that "I should try first". Problem is I am not allowing myself to fail because I am looking for COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE in guru's language A Complete Guide which is not available on this earth.

Reason might be everybody on this earth have his/her own mind and have own problems. How somebody else in this world can solve those problems until you identify them?

As mentioned in this thread key is trying, failing is later part n am feeling very jealous about those people who are failing (n reason is am not trying). :D

Great article! I've been reading all the comments related, and let me speak from my little experience.
I suggest making some kind of planification: a budget for example (planning time and money to invest), write down all possible ideas you can to make a business plan.
I know that many of you have another business or jobs like me. This is the reason why these two points are critical so that the mistakes you may make don't take you to a complete failure.
Good luck!

Wow!!!Great post Linda...

Affiliate Programs is a free way to start your business and it is easy to start also because any affiliate program that you start with will provide you with everything you need to get started.

very inspired post, thanks Linda! ;)

It's really not easy to start and it's all about learning, test, trial and error...:D
If there are so easy to success, then we will have a lot of multi-millionaire on the road... ;)

Is there an easy to understand 'affiliate road map' though - by following which a newbie affiliate would be able to get himself or herself going from scratch, without having much to read? Some ways of promoting a product that would be working right away for most cases?

I wrote an article called Getting Started Online and compared it to starting a business offline.

Quick answer no, you're starting a new business. The best thing you can do is learn everything you can about it

Rick

True..

Trial & Error: Are you willing to work through the failures, the trials and errors to get to profits? Can you accept the fact that you are going to need to fail a lot to learn?

There really are a lot of risks involved, but might be worth taking as long as you're determined and skilled. Thanks for the informative post..:)

I finally got this a while back. My background is in sales, pr, teaching etc. I came onto the internet understanding how business worked. For the longest time I wondered why are newbies not treating this like an offline business?

Answer - they have, on the average, no offline business experience

Beleive it or not, this was a revelation to me

Rick

WOW, just read a GREAT article that sums up very well many of the things I've tried to teach affiliates over the years.

It was written by Matt Levenhagen and I hope he'll pardon me for quoting so much of the article, but he makes such important points PLUS you really need to go to his blog to read the rest of this insightful piece.

Go read the rest at Matt's blog:
<a href="http://blog.campaignblasts.com/desire-mixed-with-trial-error-equals-affiliate-success.htm">Desire Mixed with Trial & Error Equals Affiliate Success</a>

Then come back and share your thoughts below.

I totally agree with you! In fact, the idea is pretty similar to one of the philosophy in my life.

You must have the flexibility to change what's not working now, and take even more action!

Lots of Time and Dedication

Although I am new to relatively new Internet Marketing the one thing I have learned is that it definitely takes time and perseverance. I am hopeful that one day, the efforts will pay off. In the meantime I have dedicated all my free time in developing my business. It is important to note that after struggling on my own, I have found it extremely useful to work with others who have been there and done that successfully.

MI
Back