The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Just starting up

cookgb

I am just starting as an affiliate. I am researching my niche right now but just had a couple of general questions. First has anyone been through the wealthy affiliate web site? And would that be worth looking into? Also as I create a website, is it more beneficial to create a business name or use my own name? And for the webpage, has anyone had success with putting their webpage on the free web hosting (ie, tripod or yahoo), or do those extra ads ruin the page? Thanks for the information

Hi cookgb and welcome to 5 Star.

Wealthy Affiliate - Lots of people here are members and it's a very good program.

Name - it's fine to use your own name, you don't need a business name.

Hosting - don't use free hosting for a wide variety of reasons. If you are going to start with free hosting, may as well not start at all. It's that bad of an idea.

If you really can't afford 5 a month for hosting then you can get started with a Blogger blog or hubpages which are both free. But having your own domain name and hosting is the best way to go.

Hi cookgb, welcome. I think Wealthy Affiliate is good, too, but there is an awful lot you can soak up for free as well. You're better off putting the money into hosting if you can't afford both that and WA.

Well I am on wealthy affiliate site right now and by the looks of it , seems to be good one . This guy had a sig in his post and he said he made his first sale of $29 in like 2 weeks or something

Yo

banners
Back