The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[JOURNEY] My Steps for $500/day Profit With Mobile Marketing

UPDATE DAY 2

Today was the 2nd day of my campaigns and i'm very happy with the results. I started the optimization.

Summary of the day:
JtjMLJ.png

Country 1: ROI -74%
Country 2: ROI -70%
Country 3: ROI -58%

Country 1
I cut 7 bad targets (spent 10x the payout and didn't convert). The payout of this offer is $0.20.
I cut one LP too. I'll explain how I'm analyzing it:

I'm using this tool to analyze my LPs tests: Get Data Driven

Charles Ngo indicate this in his blog and I accept. This calculator told me if I can finish this split test or not. Look, I've 3 LPs and I start to analyze the test between LP1 and LP2.

z1L4uB.png

According to the calculator I can not complete this test yet. So did the analysis of the LP 1 and LP 3.

ZbCfqz.png

Ok, now I can cut this LP because "we are 97% certain that the chances in Test "A" will improve your conversion rate. Your A/B test is statistically significant!".

Then, I cut this! :)

If someone wnats to read this post on Charles blog, it's here: CharlesNgo.com | Back to Basics: Why You're Making Bad Campaign Decisions

In this country I put other similar offer to test. Let's look the results...

Daily summary (LPs):
shZqGl.png

Daily summary (offers):
VUwthd.png

Country 2
I can't analyze nothing here yet.

Daily summary (LPs):
gnFpe9.png

Country 3
I cut 4 bad targets (spent 3x the payout and didn't convert). The payout of this offer is $1.20.
I decreases the bid of a target that was spending too much budget and was ROI -90% (It has spent more than 5x payout).

Daily summary (LPs):
kf07Um.png

This country it's very good. I've two LPs with
ROI -50% in the 2nd day!

==================

Well, I'll continue the optimization process... For now, only cuting the bad targets and LPs. When I take ROI -25% I'll start to optmize other things.

General Situation

Country 1 ROI = -70%
Country 2 ROI = -76%
Country 3 ROI = -57%

Some advices? :)

UPDATE DAY 3

Let's go to the day summary:
dXnu80.png

I'll change... Country 1 = Campaign 1

Campaign 1: ROI -94%
Campaign 2: ROI -76%
Campaign 3: ROI -5% :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Optmization Process

Campaign 1
  1. I cut one more bad target (spent 10x the payout and didn't convert). The payout of this offer is $0.20.
  2. I raised a little the general bid to increase the volume of traffic.
  3. I cut the mobidea offer, because was performing very very bad! It was for this reason that the campaign today went very bad.
  4. I put a new LP to increase my ROI... I need to take a LP/angle with -50% ROI or less.
Summary of LPs:
DdfY5Q.png

Campaign 2

1. I cut two bad targets (spent 10x the payout and didn't convert). The payout of this offer is $0.35.
  2. In this campaign I've a big question... This campaign spent $18.30 and had 12 conversions AND all of those conversions came of one specific carrier. Look:
    xNu47y.png
I don't know if I can cut other carriers or hope to collect more data. What do you think?

Campaign 3
  1. I cut two bad LPs because I found two others GREENs LPs.
  2. This campaign was running in 2 carriers and one of them was performing very bad. For this reason I separate the bad carrier in other campaign (still pending in approval). Because of that my ROI has improved a lot today.
  3. I increase the bid of 24 good targets.
xrPRAI.png

GREEEEEEN :D:D:D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now a general situation:

Campaign 1: ROI -80%
Campaign 2: ROI -77%
Campaign 3: ROI -41%

My question now is:

How much money I can spent in test a new offer? How far I can go in these tests? I have parameters to analyze the tests of each angle (3x payout to test every angle), but how many angles and should I test?

Someone can help me with this? :)

Motivacional Video for today!

UPDATE DAY 4

DE6wzm.png

Today I've 2 new offers in my test. I decide test 2 offers by Avazu, but one of them is with terrible results. No conversions today... The second was very good, in first day take ROI -42%.

Campaign 1: ROI -89%
Campaign 2: ROI -63%
Campaign 3: ROI -18%
NEW Campaign 4: ROI -100%
NEW Campaign 5: ROI -42%

Campaign 1
  1. I'm thinking to cut this offer... I just spent $33 and the payout is $0.20 and none of my angles is at least -70% ROI. What do you think? (Yellow is a cut LP)
    Pdfoc1.png
Campaign 2
  1. This is one of my bets!
  2. I cuted one bad LP
  3. I separated the carriers in different campaigns. I keep the best carrier in principal campaign and increase the bid of them and to the others carriers I decrease the bid.
eq9mLz.png

Campaign 3
  1. This is one of my bets! Yesterday this campaign almost turned green today fell slightly.
  2. I keep only two bests LPs... Today one of them stay GREEN :affiliatefix:
    eB6wF0.png
  3. I increased others good targets too.
Campaign 4
  1. This campaign was very very bad. Spent $8 and no conversions! The LP CTR was very very low, for this reason I put other LP and the CTR improved... but no conversions. Let's see tomorrow.
    El8UDE.png
Campaign 5
  1. This campaign surprised me when he closed the day with -42% ROI. I will not change anything. Let's see tomorrow.
  2. Oh, and one of my LPs still VERY GREEN!! :affiliatefix:
    wrNuDZ.png

YyQvfT.png

Campaign 1: ROI -83%
Campaign 2: ROI -73%
Campaign 3: ROI -35% UP UP UP
Campaign 4: ROI -100%
Campaign 5: ROI -43%

I have the same question yesterday:

How much money I can spent in test a new offer? How far I can go in these tests? I have parameters to analyze the tests of each angle (3x payout to test every angle), but how many angles and should I test?

UPDATE DAY 3

dXnu80.png

I'll change... Country 1 = Campaign 1

Campaign 1: ROI -94%
Campaign 2: ROI -76%
Campaign 3: ROI -5% :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Optmization Process

Campaign 1
  1. I cut one more bad target (spent 10x the payout and didn't convert). The payout of this offer is $0.20.
  2. I raised a little the general bid to increase the volume of traffic.
  3. I cut the mobidea offer, because was performing very very bad! It was for this reason that the campaign today went very bad.
  4. I put a new LP to increase my ROI... I need to take a LP/angle with -50% ROI or less.
Summary of LPs:
DdfY5Q.png

Campaign 2

1. I cut two bad targets (spent 10x the payout and didn't convert). The payout of this offer is $0.35.
  2. In this campaign I've a big question... This campaign spent $18.30 and had 12 conversions AND all of those conversions came of one specific carrier. Look:
    xNu47y.png
I don't know if I can cut other carriers or hope to collect more data. What do you think?

Campaign 3
  1. I cut two bad LPs because I found two others GREENs LPs.
  2. This campaign was running in 2 carriers and one of them was performing very bad. For this reason I separate the bad carrier in other campaign (still pending in approval). Because of that my ROI has improved a lot today.
  3. I increase the bid of 24 good targets.
xrPRAI.png

GREEEEEEN :D:D:D

Campaign 1: ROI -80%
Campaign 2: ROI -77%
Campaign 3: ROI -41%

My question now is:

Motivacional Video for today!

i test my offer based on the payout. for example the payout is $1 。i will pay 5$ if it is not conversation。

i test my offer based on the payout. for example the payout is $1 。i will pay 5$ if it is not conversation。
Yeah, but if you test 2 angles and didn't convert. You can put other angle and this offer became profitable. The question is: how many angles I've to test to know if that offer can become profitable or not?

Today I was a little discouraged because I'll need stop my campaigns for a time... Because I was thinking I had money for do all this tests, but today I discovered I can't put credit in traffic source with credit card, because I'm brazilian and when I do this, I paid much more in the dolar conversion than I'll receive with the commissions.

And this steals all my ROI or in this case leaves my ROI even more negative...

Then, the solution is put money in traffic sources through wire transfer. But to do this, I need more money, because I need to pay a company to do this transfer for me in US.

Well... For this reason, I need to stop and earn some money. I don't have others options, unfortunately.

But I'm not giving up! NEVER! I'll earn some money and I'll back and make this campaign very GREEEN :affiliatefix:

Thanks! All of You

Today I was a little discouraged because I'll need stop my campaigns for a time... Because I was thinking I had money for do all this tests, but today I discovered I can't put credit in traffic source with credit card, because I'm brazilian and when I do this, I paid much more in the dolar conversion than I'll receive with the commissions.

And this steals all my ROI or in this case leaves my ROI even more negative...

Then, the solution is put money in traffic sources through wire transfer. But to do this, I need more money, because I need to pay a company to do this transfer for me in US.

Well... For this reason, I need to stop and earn some money. I don't have others options, unfortunately.

But I'm not giving up! NEVER! I'll earn some money and I'll back and make this campaign very GREEEN :affiliatefix:

Thanks! All of You
mybe you can use paxum,i did not have credit because i am a chinese 。

Hey,

I see you have a lot of issues with Brazilian bureaucracy - Why don't you try opening an offshore bank account/company when you have some money or maybe as an investment to take your business to the next level operational wise.

You could try with Belize + Belize Bank account to start with. They would give you a debit card :)

Let me know if you need help, I could give you some advice on which companies can help you in this process. Bear in mind you need to have mid 4 figures to deposit in the bank and around $800 to open a company in Belize which is cheap and good for Affiliate marketing.

Then all you need to do is pay taxes in your country but you do not pay corporate taxes, you can save some money in taxes.

Hey,

I see you have a lot of issues with Brazilian bureaucracy - Why don't you try opening an offshore bank account/company when you have some money or maybe as an investment to take your business to the next level operational wise.

You could try with Belize + Belize Bank account to start with. They would give you a debit card :)

Let me know if you need help, I could give you some advice on which companies can help you in this process. Bear in mind you need to have mid 4 figures to deposit in the bank and around $800 to open a company in Belize which is cheap and good for Affiliate marketing.

Then all you need to do is pay taxes in your country but you do not pay corporate taxes, you can save some money in taxes.
Yeah man, unfortunally Brazil have a lot of bureaucracy :(

But, what is offshore bank account/company? I don't know what is it, can you explain in details?

Yeah man, unfortunally Brazil have a lot of bureaucracy :(

But, what is offshore bank account/company? I don't know what is it, can you explain in details?

When you go Offshore basically what you are doing is avoiding using your bank system from your country. You still need to let the authorities know that you are operating an offshore structure and they will tax you for it. If you fail to do so, you would be committing crime and you would be a evading taxes. You can read more in Google, search for 'What is an offshore company structure"

When you go Offshore basically what you are doing is avoiding using your bank system from your country. You still need to let the authorities know that you are operating an offshore structure and they will tax you for it. If you fail to do so, you would be committing crime and you would be a evading taxes. You can read more in Google, search for 'What is an offshore company structure"
Yup and it has happened to people - serious fines and jail time. Definitely not worth the risk!
OMG...

I aggree with Azgold! But, thanks viaddmark!

I've solved this problem. Now I'm doing some things to earn more money and back to mobile tests...

UPDATE DAY 4

DE6wzm.png

Today I've 2 new offers in my test. I decide test 2 offers by Avazu, but one of them is with terrible results. No conversions today... The second was very good, in first day take ROI -42%.

Campaign 1: ROI -89%
Campaign 2: ROI -63%
Campaign 3: ROI -18%
NEW
NEW
Campaign 5: ROI -42%

Campaign 1
  1. I'm thinking to cut this offer... I just spent $33 and the payout is $0.20 and none of my angles is at least -70% ROI. What do you think? (Yellow is a cut LP)
    Pdfoc1.png
Campaign 2
  1. This is one of my bets!
  2. I cuted one bad LP
  3. I separated the carriers in different campaigns. I keep the best carrier in principal campaign and increase the bid of them and to the others carriers I decrease the bid.
eq9mLz.png

Campaign 3
  1. This is one of my bets! Yesterday this campaign almost turned green today fell slightly.
  2. I keep only two bests LPs... Today one of them stay GREEN :affiliatefix:
    eB6wF0.png
  3. I increased others good targets too.
Campaign 4
  1. This campaign was very very bad. Spent $8 and no conversions! The LP CTR was very very low, for this reason I put other LP and the CTR improved... but no conversions. Let's see tomorrow.
    El8UDE.png
Campaign 5
  1. This campaign surprised me when he closed the day with -42% ROI. I will not change anything. Let's see tomorrow.
  2. Oh, and one of my LPs still VERY GREEN!! :affiliatefix:
    wrNuDZ.png

YyQvfT.png

Campaign 1: ROI -83%
Campaign 2: ROI -73%
Campaign 3: ROI -35% UP UP UP
Campaign 5: ROI -43%

I have the same question yesterday:

Congrats, on being a SMART marketer, split-testing, optimizing, and following through.

To answer your question,

1. Test however many angles it takes to get profitable: You have a campaign, thats generating conversions consistently, meaning the audience is responsive to your marketing messages and offer. You need to isolate the weak point of your campaigns a little better in my opinion. Your constantly stopping landers and targets, but are you looking at other engagement metrics like CTR, Bounce rate, or just optimizing based on conversions?

For example: You may have targets & lander combos, with extremely high and consistent CTRs, which lowers your overall traffic cost, and to get profitable you may have to just change the offer up.

2. Are you collecting as much data as possible? I see your using voluum, but are you also using google analytics? Since I believe your using domain redirect traffic, it would help if you track traffic demographics, behavioral, and affinity data using google analytics on your landing pages. Its hard to track affiliate conversions with GA, but you can at least track engagement, i.e. click-throughs, which will help you in optimizing your campaign and finding better targets with the right audience.

banners
Back