The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

[Journey] My journey to $10k a month

Hey mate,
I was been reading your thread and comments so far, I also got many things to learn and still waiting on to see where your results go on!

Just adding my part, did you tried other then sweeps/dating niches like loan, insurance etc. And from my point I would definitely like to add Geo targeting also play a main role for the offers. So maybe the offer you are trying on the specific geo actually don't have results from the region!

I would definitely like to hearing from you about this :) as it will help me learning things as well ;)
Hey Zaryab,

So far I've only tried sweeps. Dating & utilities are 2 other verticals that look interesting as well, so I might test some things there as well.

I do geo target yes. The offers I've ran were for a specific geo, so all traffic was targeted from there :)

Thanks for your reply, looking forward to your journey!

The offers I've ran were for a specific geo, so all traffic was targeted from there
are they Geo targeted from the advertisers side or did you just tried them on specific Geo?
If it allows did you tried them on any other Geo maybe it perform well there as every offer is specifically used in some geo's so maybe the Geo you are trying maybe consumers there aren't that interested!

Or maybe as @Graybeard mentioned you should try any other source as maybe the one you're using provides bot's more then real customers!

Alright, time for another update!

After my last update I did some thinking and analyzing. I had a few thoughts that were going through my mind;

- Graybeard mentioned the possible click bots I got on my previous campaign. It was a tier 3 country, which I assume is more likely to give bot traffic (correct me if I'm wrong though)
- I did run some previous campaigns in other tier 1 geo's. I was thinking about which geo so far gave the best results. It was actually a tier 1 geo, where I didn't use a lander of my own, but a pre-lander that was included in the offer
- I have a spy tool, but so far didn't really use it to get campaigns from, only some inspiration

So I planned something new to test. I figured to go with the tier 1 geo and opened my spy tool and found a sweepstake campaign that was running for ± 20 days. Decided to find a similar offer at my affiliate network and signed up for 3 of those offers to test.

I only set up 1 landing page for now. It is almost an exact copy of the lander I saw in my spy tool (he must've gotten it from the same place as I've got it, haha).

Started a campaign yesterday with different ads, spend $7,86 and no conversions.

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-24 om 19.44.14.png

I was kind of disappointed, since I got almost the exact same funnel as the other advertiser. This morning I check the data and saw a big difference in CTR on the ads. 3 ads had a real low CTR, the other 3 (who had the same title) were significantly higher. Usually I wouldn't optimize too fast, but given the shitty results on day 1 I decided to try it and pause the campaign if I got 0 conversions again today.

I was almost at the point of pausing the campaign, but then I saw a conversion. Decided to let it run a bit more and another conversion came up.

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-24 om 19.45.00.png

Forgot to include the overall statistics in the screenshots, but the overall ROI of today was -29,46%, the best I've gotten so far.

So the campaign is still going, curious to see what it will do tomorrow, since it's almost through it's budget for today.

Btw: is anyone here running push ads as well? Which ad networks do you prefer? I'm running on PropellerAds right now, but when I look in my spy tool, I mostly see other ad networks being used with sweepstake offers.

Comparing US tier 1 to Western Europe tier 1; you send your bots where the money is -- so just the opposite of what you are saying.
I haven't occasion to use much tier 2 and 3 but if I was an Asian bot-master I would use US proxies and work my bots where they earn the most.

Hm yeah that sounds logical. My thought was that publishers in tier 1 geo's might be more 'legit', although your explanation sounds logical.

That said --just because there are not enough conversions it may not be bots --a crappy offer or substandard traffic can have that effect too.
You job is to discern the issues and resolve them --that is never easy.
A good offer is foremost IMHO.
User affinity and a good value proposition really matter.
Without that you are wasting your time and money.

Yes I understand, but the bot traffic comment was a good reminder for me. In my experience of media buying so far, I've always ran traffic source where bot traffic wasn't an issue, but going into push ads, it becomes something that could occur more, so it was a good reminder of me.

And of course, a good offer + funnel is the most important and can make or break your campaign.

Thanks for your feedback :)

1. Use adscore as a measuring tool for bots.
  2. Use Google-Analytics, on your landing page, on your server;
    as a bot measuring tool --they generally do not show bot visits or will show the bounce rates.
These tools are easy to implement and require very little technical skill.
If you have a conversion issue you need to determine why --rule out the traffic as the issue first.

A bit delayed, but a new update;

I had the campaign running for 3 days with a budget of $ 10 per day (Classic push and in-page push seperated, so actually $20 per day).

The campaign was far from profitable. After spending $67, I had a revenue of $11. There were definitely possibilities to optimize the campaign, but didn't see realistic options to get it profitable.

View attachment 22875

Had a chat with my AM from the affiliate network and he recommended some new campaigns. But I also want to use Anstrex more in order to find other campaigns that are successful now and run those.

Had a busy week but I'm back on it this week to get a new campaign live.
Hello Moonboy, as I noticed you use your own money for tests, when I started doing small reviews of services, one subscriber told me that it is not necessary to use your money in such tests.

And I began to run advertising campaigns in areas of interest for other people's money, in addition I received a small profit for providing services, but more valuable was the communication, and the information from the analytics.

Later, I jointly conducted advertising campaigns, it allowed both me and the customer to lower the cost per click in 2 + times, as it turned out that with the right investment, and adjustments, the price of advertising changes, and the proposal can become popular, and create a lot of interest, especially with quality design, it is certainly not a guide, in general there are many nuances, but hopefully it will reduce the risks of loss especially in the beginning.

- Graybeard mentioned the possible click bots I got on my previous campaign. It was a tier 3 country, which I assume is more likely to give bot traffic (correct me if I'm wrong though)
Comparing US tier 1 to Western Europe tier 1; you send your bots where the money is -- so just the opposite of what you are saying.
I haven't occasion to use much tier 2 and 3 but if I was an Asian bot-master I would use US proxies and work my bots where they earn the most.

That said --just because there are not enough conversions it may not be bots --a crappy offer or substandard traffic can have that effect too.
You job is to discern the issues and resolve them --that is never easy.
A good offer is foremost IMHO.
User affinity and a good value proposition really matter.
Without that you are wasting your time and money.

banners
Back