The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Joomla

Scripter

affiliate
Joomla! is an award-winning Content Management System (CMS) that will help you build websites and other powerful online applications. Best of all, Joomla! is an open source solution that is freely available to everybody

I bring this up because bagi ask me to help him alternate some things in his upcoming website.
What are your views on Joomla?

Its a good software. I have used it lately quite often on many websites. One thing that is not so great is the fact that there are so many modules and components and some do not work good one with the other. Take for example virtuemart with download section for registered users does not work with joomSEF...

But in rest it is a good software, that is my opinion.

Its quite popular, most of the senior members of this forum I know for a fact that they use Joomla for one thing or the other

Yes indeed, and he most spectacular part is that it has such an undelighted fault.
And many know for a fact that it is quite frustrating, even while i was helping bagi.
Virtuemart, does something else to the programe

A second question i ask is:
1. What and how have you benefited from Joomla?
2. What disadvantage have you experianced using the program.
3. Would you recomend it, and to whom?(Beginers/Intermediate/Experts)

Thats awsome temi!
Was this your first experiance using joomla?
How was your first experiance?
Was it hard, complicated or simple to understand an install?

It can take a while to get to know what each function does and how to properly set it up. But it is the best FREE CMS.

There are endless addons and components that integrate well.

Geoserv

I love joomla, i use most of my sites with it, i develop my own templates or edit existing ones depending on what i need it for. I personally think that the likes of google are taking a preference to the CMS side of the web, if joomla is configured right it has great seo potential.

To Scripter : You seem to have some experiance with Joomla , do you freelance ? im looking for some help with a sites contents, ive found my self taking on alot of projects and cant find time for this one. Contact me you you can help. Thanks

Hey Riverwire
Yes im very familiar with Joomla
Although i would just like to add, that i have been working with Bagi today, trying to add a statistic bar to his cutom admin, and it is a mission.
But all is good, because ive learnt much more from joomla now.
Its amazing how life works.

Joomla is VERY server intensive, be carefull if you are using it on a site that is very busy as it will crash the server, and your host might well ask you to move, or just close you down.

My rugby forum get anything from 500,000 to 2,000,000 page impressions a month (and rising by the day), it sits on phpbb and is increadibly light using around 20 gig a month. I have a Joomla based site that crucifies the server (different server)

Joomla is VERY server intensive, be carefull if you are using it on a site that is very busy as it will crash the server, and your host might well ask you to move, or just close you down.

Not nearly as intensive as Drupal. My webhost had me removed Drupal when I was using it for a site. I replaced Drupal with Joomla and I have not heard another complain from my webhost.

OWG, what do you think can we ease the script running with cacheing? I see that the general configuration options make it possible, so i belive that could make life easier, isn't.

banners
Back