The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Joomla Help Needed....

KingPin36

....Hi guys and girls.

I need a little bit of help with my Joomla thingy.

Ok, so I brought a theme from Rocket Themes and they have a thing called Rocket install.

I watched the tutorial video and followed it down to a T.

at the moment I have an html holding page, I know index.html overrides index.php so my plan was to do the site then remove the html page.

The problem is, the way they do it in the tutorial video I think is wrong.

Because when I go to mysite.com/index.php I get nothing but when I go to mypage.com/jooma_rt_template_name, it works fine.

But when I click the default logo, it just goes back to mypage.com/jooma_rt_template_name rather than mysite.com (or mysite.com.index.php

Anyone know what I have done wrong?

Thank you in advance.

KP

not sure what they have told you todo but usually you just install the template set it as default template and away you go, can you explain a little more ? You have set the new template as default ? it doesnt do it automatically

No idea TB, I didn't install Joomla as such. I just followed what the tutorial said.

RW, I didn't install Joomla then install the template, I done it using the Rocket Installer which "apparently" is easier.

I have a feeling that I'm going to need to delete the folder I uploaded the files into and install all the files onto the root rather than in a folder.

Great tutorials!!

KP

I think you are right. Once you move the files and folders up to the root directory you will need to change the paths in the config file - I think it is called config.php in the root. Should work.

No worries mate best thing todo is go into the admin pannel, click on installers - templates sites - (on the right) back to templates, you'll see the templates you have installed, if you can see the new one, click on default. if its not there then go back to Installers - templates site, and browse to the template on your harddrive, click on the zip file of the template and upload, joomla will unpack and install it for you.

To be honest, it might be easier if I just delete that folder with all it's contents and re-upload.

I think it was about 5000 files so not to bad.

Just more time wasted which I don't need "grr"

Thanks TB

Edit - RW, that was/is the point of this Rocket Installer I think. It actually installs the Joomla mainframe and the template which is already configured for newbies like me.

KP

I think you are right. Once you move the files and folders up to the root directory you will need to change the paths in the config file - I think it is called config.php in the root. Should work.

You shouldnt have to do that just for a template ! joomla's configuration.php only control core settings has nothing to do with templates

I know sweet FA about Joomla so I'll admit that!!

Here is the site

And when you click on default logo you'll see what mean.

Freaking pain in the ass!!

KP

if you want to set me up a quick account for super admin then ill have a quick look for you, i cant see why its redirecting to the template folder !

In your config file you have set the live site as the template folder have you ?

You shouldnt have to do that just for a template ! joomla's configuration.php only control core settings has nothing to do with templates

I think KP has installed the site in a subfolder rather than root.

KP, The standard install is only slightly more invloved than a wordpress install, then install the template as described by Riverwire.

Have fun :D

I think KP has installed the site in a subfolder rather than root.

Bingo!!

I did but that's what the tutorial said to do!! What a bunch of muppets.

Now I know not to listen to them.

"Hey, lets make tutorial on how to f*&k people up"

Love it :D

KP

banners
Back