The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I've set up my site. Where do I go from here?

F

fitfitenough

On January 8th, 2011, I've launched an info blog with guides and tips and links to a clickbank affiliate product.

My primary keyword gets 49k global searches a month according to google keyword tool, and google search shows 48k page results to that keyword with quotation marks "".
My secondary keyword gets 3k global searches a month and shows 31k page results with quotation marks.

Now my blog has 10 articles. I've submitted articles to ezinearticles.

I use bookmarkingdemon to book mark the site three times a week, submitting to 20 to 50 sites at a time (I don't want to appear to be a spammer).

I have StatsPress plugin installed in my wordpress, and according to the stats I had an average of 30 visitors a day in February, and in March so far I have about 40 visitors a day.

I just had one clickbank sale in the beginning of March but the customer got a refund right away (lol). If I had 30 visitors everyday for the month of February and if I had one sale, then that's 1 sale per 840 visitors. Is that 0.1% conversion rate?

Should I just be patient and keep doing what I'm doing for at least another 3 months (making more content, creating backlinks)?

When should I drop this project? What are the indications that this blog might not do well?

P.S. I made this blog for money. But I make sure that the articles are written well and they have professional/appropriate tone.

Well, first off good job...
Most people will never come close to making it this far. Meaning it's time to pat yourself on the back. You got one sale to start and your driving traffic. So looks to me as if your headed in the right direction. You have to celebrate the small victory's. The problem with most people is that they don't finish out the race. But the truth is if you start another site again. "You start off at beginning all over again"!
I know right now it may be a little Rough to think that you have put in all this work and seen very little results. But think about how much your learning and growing..

-Locke

You should continue! you started it well! You have to continue and try to learn some new techniques in order for you to grow. Try to increase your traffic by using different techniques PR is not a big issue as long as you have a lot of targeted visitors. Not all clients are the same. as long as your product is good and they benefited from it refund will never happen.

Good luck on your endeavor!

Just as John and Locke said, you are on the right track.

You have already done a lot for a beginner and most people dont even get started, you do have a long way to make a significant income, but remember 'failure is not an option'.

You will eventually, with knowledge and practical experience find better ways to monetize and convert more visitors, but for now you are absolutely on the right track. Stick to the plan and learn from your mistakes, you will eventually succeed.

I was looking for answers specific to my questions and some concrete advice. "You are on the right track" doesn't really ring a bell to me, although it is an encouraging word.

I'm starting to think that my keyword choice was bad, and that google keyword tool probably didn't show the true number value of searches per month. I'm not getting much traffic at all.

You shouldn't abandon this project at all, but switch up how you're doing things a bit.

If it's in the health/fitness niche then it's a winner. Continue to build targeted traffic who's interested in your content, and start building a list.

I wouldn't even recommend a product or push them towards a product on your website, instead push them to sign up for a free report/video or something. Since it's in the health niche, you can easily find some great PLR that should be relevant.

Then set up an auto responder and give them good quality articles, and a few promotions sprinkled in. A good rule of thumb is provide content 75% of the time and promote no more than 25%.

Since you're new to internet marketing, I'll go ahead and say it now, and you'll hear it a million times more(seriously). The money is in the list.

Also, continue building more pages and SEO them into the search engines as well, and building your traffic...that phase should never cease.

Thanks for the reply. Actually the niche is about dating and relationships.

That's a big market too.

There's a lot of potential there, and a lot of various products/services to promote... the money's in the list :D

banners
Back