The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

It's good to put multiple domains to one web hosting?

E

eurlbook

For cost consideration, I added some domains to one web hosting at past, but one day, all my websites can not be open as they were hacked. I spent much time to resolve this problem.
Also I leaned that for this kind web hosting, the IP was not dedicated if you did not pay additional cost. That's to say, you may share IP with some website illegal.

What's your opinion?

Running multiple sites on the same system is fine if you use security best practices. There's a really informative report by Sucuri on this topic here:
Sucuri Security

- Patch your software (be *especially* careful with plugins)
- Use a Web Application Firewall (WAF) like Comodo, Sucuri, etc.

If you don't want to worry about these things yourself, get a Managed Hosting Provider that will do it for you. Quality hosting providers know about these risks, understand how they work, and offer services to help mitigate that risk. In hosting, as with most places, you get what you pay for.

Hope this helps!

Running multiple domains on a webhosting account is not really recommended if you are doing it for multiple businesses, otherwise if its your own websites knock yourself out! You can save some money doing it but if your looking to be a website designer, its best to give each business their own cpanel so they can manage their own hosting needs. Also if your hosting account gets malware all of the sites on your hosting account will be affected ... best to put them on their own cpanel if you can afford to go that route

Running multiple domains (use C Class IPs) on the same hosting can work fine and be very good for SEO. However, you must really take every precaution to make your infrastructure secure.

If your sites are whitehat then there is no problem with that. But if you are running an PNB then its advisable to use different c class IPs...

Hosting multiple domains on the same web server is not recommended, but if you still want to do it, follow some security best practices.

If you mean one hosting in the sense of one account, you should always keep a reserve in case one of our sites gains popularity.

I dont think you will have any problem by running all your domains on a single host
Just make sure that your host has enough capacity to sustain all data from your websites

To me, I think I naturally prefer doing it this way. One thing I can say about putting all your eggs in one basket is, it keeps you organized.

MI
Back