The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

It Isn't About...

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
Folks, it isn?t about Twitter?

It isn?t about Facebook, or Foursquare, or Digg. It?s not about any one of those tools (which is all they are by the way).

It?s about the entire Internet. Quit getting wrapped up in a single tool to build a presence or business online?which is like trying to use a wrench to build a whole house. It can?t be done?because you need a screwdriver, hammer, and a whole host of other tools.

(a really big secret is you have to know how to build a house too?but I don?t want to open that Pandora?s Box)

So, the point of today?s lesson is simple?if you?re trying to figure out how to ?make money using Twitter?, or "make money with Facebook advertising" by themselves?open your eyes.

It?s much bigger than that.

See the whole picture, you?re using tools (Twitter, Facebook, Digg, etc?) within a bigger ?toolbox? (the Internet) which is part of an industry (Marketing), which is building your house (your business).

Don?t limit yourself people.

Wow! That's an eye opener. Thank you for the insight. I never thought of it that way.

Even though I already use your tip to grow my business, it is easy for me to stray away from that advice.

At the same time, I think it is a good idea to get to know how to use the tool to the best of it's ability before you put it down, and go on to the next tool.

Like article marketing. Many people know how to write an article. Many of those people can even get an article published at one of the more picky article submission sites, like ezine articles.

However, how many people take it even a step further? How many really get the full use of the article marketing tool?

How many people take the time to write an even more content packed article, and get it published at a high traffic website, or blog in their niche? Maybe some, but not the majority.

High profile content syndication is liking taking a crow bar (article marketing), and instead of just using the flat end of the crow bar (article submission sites), turning it around to use the curved end of the crow bar (high profile content syndication).

Before you put the tool down, and pick up a new tool, use the tool you have to the best of it's ability. Then put it down when you have a different type of task to finish in order to build your house.

But, use the next tool you use to the best of it's ability too.

Good luck.

Matthew Zinda

At the same time, I think it is a good idea to get to know how to use the tool to the best of it's ability before you put it down, and go on to the next tool.

I agree, get to know your tools, however...

Most people focus only on one particular tool by itself (just Twitter, just Facebook etc...) and get stuck because by themselves, these tools are self-limiting to producing any real income.

But those same tools are sold by many marketers as the "be all" and "end all" way to make money. Even the Internet, as vast as it is...is only one medium under which to market a business...nothing more, nothing less as it applies to businesses. Even affiliate businesses.

The Internet is NOT, repeat NOT the business itself, it's a toolbox.

Direct Mail is another tool...Classified ads (in newspapers) are another tool...TV advertising, media buys (which have BOTH an offline AND online component)...all tools used to build your business.

In and of themselves, they are NOT businesses, but used to build businesses.

Thanks for the compliments Matthew. :)

There are niches for which social media will be beneficial, and those for which it will not help at all.

Try starting a Facebook group or fanpage on a herpes treatment, see how many members you get.

Nice post Joseph. In 100% agreement! :cool: Sometimes a profit model can even generate short term revenue, but in most cases putting all one's eggs in that basket, getting lazy and/or not making it part of a larger strategy will surely lead to long term failure - and isn't a very sound business model.

As an example that's related to this..

Even those I coach in using PPC.. once they find a winner I have them do something we refer to as 'expansion'.. and that includes not only an expansion of their campaigns etc.., but their web presence, building a site.. a better product.. expanding into other search engines (if they are focusing on Google that means testing Yahoo and MS adCenter), AND also scaling one's efforts to include other traffic sources beyond PPC.

What does that represent? Exactly what Joseph is saying! PPC is a traffic source; an advertising platform (like Twitter).. that's not really the entire focus. It's just a vehicle (one we might choose to start with, but it's not the end all be all.. if you're smart). Not the big picture.. The actual, real value in your business is where you are sending that traffic and the depth and diversity you are creating in your strategy.

Good stuff! Great advice.. :)

Nice post Joseph. In 100% agreement! :cool: Sometimes a profit model can even generate short term revenue, but in most cases putting all one's eggs in that basket, getting lazy and/or not making it part of a larger strategy will surely lead to long term failure - and isn't a very sound business model.

Good stuff! Great advice.. :)

Thanks for the compliments Matt. :) I really appreciate that. And a solid example as well. Let's chat sometime.

Very true!!! Most people are freaking out how to make money on all of those social network sites but the thing is that they are all tools! You cant become rich just by "tweeting"!! There are so many other things that go into it! This is definitely not a get rich quick scheme, it actually takes work and educating yourself!

I agree, you are saying truly and this is what that can bring change in community.

Very true!!! Most people are freaking out how to make money on all of those social network sites but the thing is that they are all tools! You cant become rich just by "tweeting"!! There are so many other things that go into it! This is definitely not a get rich quick scheme, it actually takes work and educating yourself!

Some people "freak out" because they view the "tool" as the bigger thing. And in some cases it isn't their fault, because marketers do paint the picture of "this is all you need to make money online"...

So we need to reduce the value of these tools to exactly what they are, tools...nothing more. :cool:

MI
Back