The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Isn't is a big crack?

A

ahsanhabibcx

We are asked a common question with the various way “can a cracked screen be repaired Such as:(LCD or LED Flat panel TV)?”

Well, 1st the screen is NOT repairable, then it needs to be replaced. The only drawback in this repair - it is a very expensive; if you asked: “how expensive?” - As expensive as buying a whole new TV. There is no way to tell the exact price on such repair without seeing it first, but it is never worth it, even though it may not make sense - to replace almost brand new TV because of a small crack...The only problem that those cracks are not repairable and the whole panel would have to be replaced, so that's the only option - look for a new TV...We get a lot of calls of this nature: Cracked screen, lines, shuttered screen and many other descriptions for the topic.

^
There's your answer. Assembly labor; often robotic, is much, much less expensive than single unit repair labor.
Hopefully, this is not a newer 4K 60 inch TV

There are many other things in life that are BER (Beyond Economical Repair.) You could also add that so far no maker is covering this issue under warranty.

This is why I don't "invest" in a very expensive flat screen TV. I know folk and read so many replies about over 5,000 USD TVs that the screen failed and the owners are very upset. OLED might fair better since they are made differently. But the high cost of OLED (today, 2018) is slowing its adoption so we don't know if they will have similar failures.

Early laptops were often BER if the LCD failed. Today it's BER if the motherboard fails on many models.

if you asked: “how expensive?” - As expensive as buying a whole new TV. There is no way to tell the exact price on such repair without seeing it first, but it is never worth it
Bupkis. Ran a computer shop for years & our bread & butter was replacement of iPod/iPhone/iPad, & Laptop LCDs. If you are just doing one, then perhaps it is not worth it, as you are investing a lot of time in discovery. When you have a team of people who specialize in the repair, & outlets with warranted repair parts & you buy in bulk, it's a cash cow.

2nd point, "no way to tell the exact repair", the only exception was Apple Laptops, we otherwise charged flat rates for all screen repairs. That included CCFL screens, LED screens, & inverter boards.

Last edited:
^
if you asked: “how expensive?” - As expensive as buying a whole new TV.

There's your answer. Assembly labor; often robotic, is much, much less expensive than single unit repair labor.
Hopefully, this is not a newer 4K 60 inch TV

Graybeard, Jan 9, 2018

There are many other things in life that are BER (Beyond Economical Repair.) You could also add that so far no maker is covering this issue under warranty.
Computer Devices are 5yrs MACRS depreciation so beyond that their worth is -0- as a business asset. Mobile devices are marginal BER after 3 years. That said, the operating system has a 4-5 year support and newer os require hardware upgrades usually. I managed to get away with upgrading a Full ATX workstation that I built in 2010 myself by adding SSD to the other old SATA 3.0 HDD array (3) -- but it is a good 4 core with an Asus Mobo and 12GB RAM now. But it is way past it's shelf life (thanks LINUX;)).

MI
Back