The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is too many backlinks from 1 site not good?

jmk909er

affiliate
I have been commenting on various wordpress blogs to get a backlink. I posted 3 comments on this one blog over about a week and has resulted in over 2500 backlinks so far from this one site! How is this possible? That's according to Google webmaster. Is this a bad thing for my seo to have so many from 1 site? It is a PR 5 site.

I don't understand. What are those 2500+ links? Are they all from the 3 blogs containing your comments? Assuming not, what are the originating URLs?

It is 3 or maybe 4 comments on 1 blog over about a weeks time. see the screenshot now there is 2549 of them??? What do you make of this minstrel?

Screenshot.jpg

No they are backlinks from the site I commented on. I know that on every page they have there is a "latest comments" widget I guess they are somehow multiplying???

I suspect they are also nofollow links. There must be something wrong with your Google Webmaster stats. I can't find ANY outgoing links to you from thedailyaztec.com, assuming that's the site you're talking about?

Hey minstrel I am still learning about this stuff so I still need to learn much. I looked at one of my comments in view source and I see that it says rel='external nofollow' but if you click on my name it takes you to my site so what exactly does rel='external nofollow' mean? Google is indexing it because it is showing in Google Webmaster right?

Hey minstrel I am still learning about this stuff so I still need to learn much. I looked at one of my comments in view source and I see that it says rel='external nofollow' but if you click on my name it takes you to my site so what exactly does rel='external nofollow' mean? Google is indexing it because it is showing in Google Webmaster right?

Google is telling you it knows about that link but Google does not count nofollow links as adding weight (or PageRank) to your page.

And again there is something very wrong with the number being displayed for that source and there is absolutely no chance any of them count as "real" links to your site.

I think Google is increasingly telling webmasters that they are aware if links they consider bad or links they do not "count" - it's part of their attempt to notify webmasters about what they consider to be "bad links".

But back to your original question, I wouldn't worry about being penalized for all those links - they are clearly not "real" links and they are nofollow to boot.

They will go away, it is common if the blog you comment on has a "most recent comments" widget, so it makes a link to your site on each page of their site. kinda like a blogroll.

Just a word of advice going forward. With Penguin, one's link profiles are under much more scrutiny than in the past. It is important to diversify your linking strategy. This situation may not affect you adversely, but to be on the safe side in the future, try to get links using other methods so your link profile appears more natural and spread out. That's the safest way to go about things.

It is a good thing but you have to diversify the way your links are shown in order for search engine to rank your content higher.

For example, you use different anchor texts containing your keywords in your article resource box instead of your normal website url..

banners
Back