The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is this Kosher for Ad-Sense?

DJMC

I've noticed, for quite some time now -- that when I post at DP or other forums, with a topic & content that matches my site's KW, I'll see what I call "PPC Parasites" (my competitors who use Pay Per Click), in those ubiquitous "Ads By Google".

Here's my diabolical plan, need some input.

Supposing I ran "Ad-Sense" on my Links page, trapping the PPC parasites on my site.

I'd give the link for my Links page to everyone at DP & other global sites, which would then result in many clicks on their PPC.

Of course I wouldn't condone this practice......nor would I click on the PPC ads myself.

But my point being: IF GOOGLE IS SELLING ADS, and they will allow anyone to run them, what rule is there to prevent me from doing this???

I've noticed, for quite some time now -- that when I post at DP or other forums, with a topic & content that matches my site's KW, I'll see what I call "PPC Parasites" (my competitors who use Pay Per Click), in those ubiquitous "Ads By Google".

Here's my diabolical plan, need some input.

Supposing I ran "Ad-Sense" on my Links page, trapping the PPC parasites on my site.

I'd give the link for my Links page to everyone at DP & other global sites, which would then result in many clicks on their PPC.

Of course I wouldn't condone this practice......nor would I click on the PPC ads myself.

But my point being: IF GOOGLE IS SELLING ADS, and they will allow anyone to run them, what rule is there to prevent me from doing this???

I'm not certain I fully understand what you're proposing. However, if the idea is that you post links trying to attract people to a page containing AdSense ads, where the page is targeted in such a way as to attract ads from your competitors:

1. Having people visit your page doesn't mean they'll click on any ads when they get there, or even linger long enough to see those ads.

2. If you construct the page in such a way to encourage people to click on those ads, you will be in violation of the AdSense TOS, so you will be dropped from the program and illegal clicks from your page re-credited to the AdWords account holders.

3. If you post on forums encouraging people to go to your page to click on those ads, see #3.

2 Point that really irk me

1) Stop trying to trick people and try adding some value. Sure, you can probably make pennies off this till you get shut down for being shady, but jeesh, why not build a proper business? It takes no more or less effort than being shady.

2) @Minstrel - Google is not the law. They haven't been elected to make laws. Let's not cede them even more power by referring to things that they don't like as "illegal". Nothing Google tells me to do takes on the legitimacy of being "legal" or "illegal". Sorry, this is just a pet hate of mine.

2) @Minstrel - Google is not the law. They haven't been elected to make laws. Let's not cede them even more power by referring to things that they don't like as "illegal". Nothing Google tells me to do takes on the legitimacy of being "legal" or "illegal". Sorry, this is just a pet hate of mine.

I used the word "illegal" in a specific context, referring to the Google AdSense TOS:

minstrel said:
2. If you construct the page in such a way to encourage people to click on those ads, you will be in violation of the AdSense TOS, so you will be dropped from the program and illegal clicks from your page re-credited to the AdWords account holders.

"Illegal clicks" is a common shorthand term with a very specific meaning here, meaning clicks that are generated outside the TOS. Since this is Google's program, Google IS the law with respect to determining the AdSense TOS and defining violations of the TOS.

banners
Back