The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is this a good niche?

KillerRKO17

I just realized that I made a huge mistake in choosing my first niche. As a newbie, I chose the muscle building field. I've learned that this is way too competitive for a newbie. Am I right, or am I right?

Anyways, I went to CB and looked at some less competitive niches/products to sell. The first one that caught my eye was a product selling healthy dog food recipes. Is this a little bit more realistic for someone like myself?

Oh, one quick question on the side if that is alright. The $/sale says $13.33 but it also says %/sale 50%. Does that mean if I sell this product once I get $13.33? Or do I get 50% of $13.33 if I sell it?

Hi There,
it is probably not a good idea to base your research purely on products from clickbank!
You should do a bit more research, such as how you are going to promote the products or services, keywords/phrases you are going to use etc.

The tools I use are Word Tracker to do a bit of keyword research, and also Google!
The muscle building niche is competitive, but if you use long tail keywords, you might still be able to salvage that niche.

You might want to start out by investing in some keyword research tool to find good niches that are profitable!
I cannot comment about the dog food niche, as it is not something I concentrate on.

Hope that information helps
Cheers

Your mistake wasn't your niche, it was your product selection.

I bet you can't sell too many ebooks on bodybuilding.

I am sure you could sell a bottle of Liquabolix (for example).

Can anyone answer my second question?

"The $/sale says $13.33 but it also says %/sale 50%. Does that mean if I sell this product once I get $13.33? Or do I get 50% of $13.33 if I sell it?"

Hi KillerRK017,

To answer your second question, The $/sale is the actual amount of cash you receive for the sale whilst %/sale is the percentage of the product price that the merchant is willing to pay (i.e the $/sale).

Im assuming the product you're looking at is around $27?

Hmmm, so you would be providing recipes, so informational based. I suppose you could have general pet affiliate programs on your site. What will drive your site, how will you profit?

MI
Back