The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is there such thing as too many?

crazycass

affiliate
Can anyone tell me is there such thing as to many links on your blog? Has anyone ever had problems with their blog because they had to many links on it?
xoxo Cass

No, however you can have too many links that do not help a specific result. For example: If all your links are "widget article blog" and you want results in "happy day phrase" this would not help you. Also if you link to a bunch of FFA's,spam sites, link farms,low PR, and reciprical links then you are not helping yourself either. So you can spin your wheels for sure. But you can never have enough good, natural links. :) Start thinking virally. That is the future my firend.

1. It dilutes the PageRank value of any outgoing links to less than 1% of whatever PR the page had to start with.

2. It's not user friendly. And it results in large pages which may increase load times.

3. It may get you flagged as a potential link farm, depending on the nature of the site, assuming you're not DMOZ. :)

I would say the less links the better, if you think you may have too many links then you probably do and should think more about your site hierachy and if you really need them all.

Can anyone tell me is there such thing as to many links on your blog? Has anyone ever had problems with their blog because they had to many links on it?
xoxo Cass

No, there is no such thing as too many links on your blog. You can build as manu links as you can. There is absolutely no problem with it. However, i would suggest to build few quality links rather than bunch of poor links bcause as you certainly have heard, quality wins over quantity.

No, there is no such thing as too many links on your blog. You can build as manu links as you can. There is absolutely no problem with it. However, i would suggest to build few quality links rather than bunch of poor links bcause as you certainly have heard, quality wins over quantity.

I suspect you misunderstood the question, which is about links ON your blog, i.e., outgoing links, not links TO your blog, i.e., incoming links.

it is recommanded by google not to have more than 100 links on 1 page.

Interesting, I never knew that. What is the reasoning behind this though I wonder

1. It dilutes the PageRank value of any outgoing links to less than 1% of whatever PR the page had to start with.

2. It's not user friendly. And it results in large pages which may increase load times.

3. It may get you flagged as a potential link farm, depending on the nature of the site, assuming you're not DMOZ. :)

Also be sure to build quality links within your site not just to outside sites. Link from one article to another using the keywords you want to be known for. This is very effective.

There is no certain and standard answer to your question, however, its believed that the less outgoing links you have, the better it is, especially from SEO point of view. For example, if your outgoing links are dofollow, your site bleeds page rank to those links which means your ranking will decrease.

Of course, this is not a big factor in seo, but with seo every little bit helps.

There is no certain and standard answer to your question, however, its believed that the less outgoing links you have, the better it is, especially from SEO point of view. For example, if your outgoing links are dofollow, your site bleeds page rank to those links which means your ranking will decrease.

No, sorry. This a longstanding total myth - it has always been wrong and it will always be wrong.

You do not lose PageRank by linking out. This is a misunderstanding of the basic PageRank formula for calculating the amount og PageRank passed through a given linkl to another page:

PR passed = .85 * {PR of page providing links} / {total # outgoing links on the page, including internal navigational links}

Also, dofollow has nothing to do with it since it has been confirmed by Google that even nofollow links are included in ther above formula.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of links: internal or external ones?
If they are internal that should not bee a problem ... although what is to much for you?

banners
Back