The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is Page Rank really all that important?

For me, both are important, traffic as well as PR. Most of the high authority web directories accepts the submissions of sites having high PR and higher authority. And alexa ranking is more important for selling advertising on the website, the lower the alexa the higher the price of a link/banner.

I dont think that PR is a factor when determining rankings. Links pointing to your site from sites with high PR is what matters.

Page rank is nothing..........its just a reward from google...main thing is traffic. if you are getting good traffic to your site its better then rank.

Page rank isn't something you should strive to improve. However if you are looking for a ranking factor that you can use to measure the authority of a site to determine whether or not it is worth the effort of trying to get a link from (I see a lot of directories and link farms quoting their pagerank to show how important they are - arrrghhhh!!!) I would recommend using SEOMoz's Page authority and domain authority, as these try to replicate the overall Google algorithm to determine a sites authority. Obviously they are not perfect, but I think it's as close as you can get for looking for a metric to measure this kind of stuff.

Of course is important if you want people to access your site.
Imagine people are looking for something: what would they click. The 1st item page or the one locate on the 6th page of google

Yep page rank is not that important only search engine page rank position for your keyword maters. If your keywords enjoy good position on search engine then surly you will get a good number of visitors.

yeh, I too focus our keyword and Organic traffic. Organic users is real consumer and like purchasing the best product.

Yep page rank is not that important only search engine page rank position for your keyword maters. If your keywords enjoy good position on search engine then surly you will get a good number of visitors.

Hello... PR is important when comes to trade links or so. However, this is difficult to say what else depends on the level of PR...
But, one is for sure, organic traffic is the king ... if you want to get customers, no any traffic exchanges will help you...

The place in the SERP is much more important than any PR, you could have a PR3 site that hardly shows up for important keyword searches making it pretty useless because people won´t find it, and you could have a PR0 ranking on the first page of the search engines for keywords that bring in traffic, making it much more valuable. Pagerank is still important. It shows us how much authority our webpage’s have. If you’re looking to build a site to sell links, than PR matters, because advertisers make decisions based on Pagerank. As far as SERP goes, PR has little or no significance for SERP position.

PR is not that important for SERP anymore. It was important in the early days but you can not see plenty of examples when sites with lower PR are in front of sites with higher PR on search results.
I think the content is the most important and also the quality of the links coming to your site (not the PR of the page from which you got the link).

Page rank is important for the web site.It specifies the quality of the site. If you have higher traffic, automatically you can heve more visitors to get back links from you.So, both traffic and PR is important for the web site.

Page rank is important for the web site.It specifies the quality of the site. If you have higher traffic, automatically you can have more visitors to get back links from you.So, both traffic and PR is important for the web site.

MI
Back