The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Is link building relevant now?

wowtgp

affiliate
Google is more inclined towards fresh content than anything else lately. You can see a lot of fresh content being ranked highly for a particular keyword without any backlinks whatsoever. Is it still relevant?

Google loves fresh content but link building is also relevant and important for a site to get in high rankings.

I think it's still important. Fresh content is the foundation but to add that extra boost backlinks is loved by google to prove your site is popular in the eyes of google!

I was wondering the same thing, if you look at how long link building has been used on the internet AND the numerous posts stating that link building is not really effective any more it gets you thinking. Also remember Google js constantly messing around with there systems and do you actually know whether your link building works?

Yes links are still a vital part of SEO along with valuable and unique content. Spammy backlinking tactics no longer work but if you do it right they play an important role in rankings. (Info is from Matt Callens SEO course)

Google loves fresh content but link building is also relevant and important for a site to get in high rankings.

I have started a new blog and both of my articles are ranking no 5 and 2 respectively for particular keywords.

I think Google, in particular, is now looking at link building as a scheme much like keyword stuffing was. It appears link building is going out of favor and link earning is the way to go and build relevance in this area.

The old-school, super old-school link building tactic was leaving links on guestbooks, forums, open comments, do follow blogs, do follow links, all that kind of stuff. Obviously, you can see the results of that today, which are not good. I think the new version of that is participating in communities like these that are active and authentic and have real participation and real membership, in such a way that members of those networks, of those communities will notice you and then link to you organically. They'll find your stuff.

But you better be authentically participating, or they'll think you're spam, and you better have that great content to back it up or you're not going to be earning those links.

Google is trying to end the practice of link building and renew the practice of link earning. I think that's why you see so many SEOs embracing content marketing, and I think this shift is going to happen even more heavily over the next 6 to 12 months. So if you get ahead of the curve now, you're going to be in a good place next year and well into the future.

Yes links are still a vital part of SEO along with valuable and unique content. Spammy backlinking tactics no longer work but if you do it right they play an important role in rankings. (Info is from Matt Callens SEO course)

Yep, spammy backlinks tantamount to downranking and heavy battering from Google.

Yes it is. I rely a lot on link building to climb the rankings for my keywords, and whenever I stop building links my rankings usually drop a bit.

It depends on your strategy and approach to build back links. Are you buying it? Are you looking to build it naturally?

These are the few question that need to be addressed before answering the question.

Its pretty apparent that google is more inclined towards fresher and natural back links rather than the traditional way of doing it.

It is very clear that content is king in SEO. Content not only attracts users but SE also. Yet focus to users while you write unique and descriptive content. And build less but quality and relevant back links that much better for you.

According to the current algorithm updates there must require fresh and quality content. Also, Google consider relevant links to your site category otherwise it will drop it in to spam. Therefore, everyone is always trying to get relevant back links for their site.

Yes, it is. Give freebies. Who doesn't like a freebie?! Online freebies are commonplace and they leave the visitor wanting more when they are well written and informative introductory materials. Moreover you can also try SEOclerks, SEOclerks is a marketplace from where you can hire an expert, and that expert will help you in providing backlinks at a cheap rate!

MI
Back