The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Is it necessary to have a phone support?

Localnode

affiliate
I saw this thread over at Entrepreneur Fix.
My response was I typically do not offer technical support over the phone.
I prefer support requests to come through our trouble-ticket reporting system or via email.
Primarily, it provides both our customer support team, and the client an audit trail of communications.

Besides that, if the issue is rather serious, I don't want the client on the phone for an issue that may take 30 minutes to resolve. It allows us to focus on fixing problems brought to our attention in a timely manner.

Also, having an audit trail allows me to review the performance of my employees.

Is it necessary? In my experiences, no. I typically open tickets most of the time anyway. It also allows me a tangible response too.

What are your thoughts? Do you offer phone support?

This is actually depending on your business type. Suppose you are promoting hosting service or domain service then this is obvious to have phone support. This is because your client doesn't wait for the email support. In normally phone support are quicker than any other support. Besides customers are able to explain their problem very well over the phone.

Phone support might be a valuable option for sales related questions, while email or ticketing system is the best for technical issues.

For me the best support is online chat, I don't always have time to make phone calls and often they're not open in the day in my timezone. 24/7 online chat does the job.

Live chat is surely great option, but any reputable hosting company must have at least sales support by phone.
I'd never signup with the company who doesn't have their phone number listed on the website.

I always prefer live chat for support as I can easily continue doing other things when the support representative is fixing my problems

Live chat is more often than not set up for pre sales support. I actually agree with LocalNode. Email support leaves a valuable audit trail.

Yep, and it is also much more effective solution - saves client money, holds operations online, easy to communicate with, etc.

Type of support is mainly depend upon the support team rather than the support method. You will find very few hosting support team who do reply and solve the issues within few minutes after placing your request via ticket. Chat and phone support is also best option.

Statistically, 85% of the end-user issues are solved within 10-15 minutes via our live chat, for more complex issues it is always better to submit ticket, so sysadmins are there to look-and-fix ;)

MI
Back