The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is GOOGLE still working?

bcowan

It seems that many internet marketeers, such as Harvey Segal, are abandoning Google and the other search engine placements in favour of other traffic generating techniques.

Given my experience of SEO I can sympathise with this point of view. Having built high content optimised web pages and ranking well in my niche area at one point I was surprised to be overtaken (almost overnight) by far poorer content sites in the same niche. It seems that we are always at the mercy of changing algorithms in the ranking 'black magic'.

Having spent a good deal of time and effort, over a long period, developing sites I now question whether this is indeed a constructive use of my time? Surely, the goals of web promotion is to ensure effective sales of your product or service yet the time required to maintain these rankings merely act as a diversion to the business of selling.

I am certainly hoping to focus on the profit generating aspects of web promotion rather than the technical skills of site optimisation.

It would be interesting to hear other views on the subject.

Yep it's SEO black magic. :p My feeling is webmaster should use a mix so they aren't at the mercy of the engines but natural search should not be ignored as one of the ways to get traffic. It's just not the only way and should not be relied on.

Well, Google has problems. But they wanted to do the things better.

They could not expect Big Daddy to comprise so many changes that now it is difficult to fit all them into one sound and simple picture. But I think they will cope up with it. They have no way out.

Microsoft has holes and bugs all the time, and they are still quite ok in the industry.

Linda Buquet said:
Yep it's SEO black magic. :p My feeling is webmaster should use a mix so they aren't at the mercy of the engines but natural search should not be ignored as one of the ways to get traffic. It's just not the only way and should not be relied on.
Totally agree! The best way to get links is from places that give you direct/natural/quality traffic as well. It's a lot easier to figure out Google once your bases are covered. Never be too desperate when you try to get ranked ;)

MI
Back