The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is ClickBank a good place to start for affiliate marketing?

JodiGeorge

affiliate
Hi All,

I want to get started in affiliate marketing and after some research, I believe that ClickBank would be a great place to start.

I came across a review that advised me on the programs they offer if you want to create and sell your own product, or if you simply want to promote other peoples products. I think I am leaning towards promoting someone else's product as of now.

I would love it if you would take the time to look over the review and give me your opinions. It is onlineclimb.com

Kind Regards.

I would argue that Clickbank is a bit outdated and the offers there are usually too blend. JVZoo is a much better alternative.

It was my first affiliate network on which I registered long time ago. It's not CPA not physical product based, you will be selling your own or somebody else infoproducts. Which can contain a lot of fishy offerings and smells scum, but with time and experience you will work out your own way of filtering them. Better to start with blog and SEO. There are other things like e-mail marketing and paid ads (mainly for your own products). But that's it. Start with it. They now pay even without need to cash checks anymore as far as I know.

Clickbank is a little bit outdated in my opinion. Modern work requires modern solutions so it's good to look for digital products, things that you can't find in other places. Also it's good to start with promoting some well-known brands, for example, big shops which are having good trust score on the internet. Of course, you'll get lower commission, but it's easier to start in my opinion with it.

10%? of the offers on clickbank are 'contemporary'
The products are digital only and in the informational or 'education' areas -- your target audience will matter in making conversions.

It really depends on what you're trying to achieve.

I personally had my first affiliate success on ClickBank, and I would absolutely recommend it to newcomers. And not only newcomers - there are a lot of people making $500.000 to $1 million and more on ClickBank.

Other exciting affiliate programs would be with networks like PeerFly, Clickdealer, etc. where you can get paid for leads, downloads, etc.

Have you already decided on what you want to promote?

The offer somewhat matters. The network doesn’t matter at all.

What matters is how much traffic you can run to an offer and how warned up that traffic is to you.

If you can only drive 100 people to an offer and none of them know you it’s going to be a hard ride.

If you can drive 10k people who love you to an offer, it doesn’t matter the offer (and by default the network).

• It's not hard to test with some traffic.
  • ClickBank will pay you for legitimate conversions -- that is a given.
  • Will the public have the affinity for the offer you present and buy it?
  • Who knows -- You need to pay to test it.
Oh FK old post that someone bumped :p
well for the record: most affiliate review sites are to be looked at with skepticism and examined for ulterior motive (low trust :)

Affilicate marketing is nice niche.. but I am not sure about Clickbank. I use hoqu for this kind of activity.

Can you tell me what is the difference between hoqu and clickbank??

Have a nice day, fellas!

HOQU (HQX) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

Good one ...
So who is using it now?

HOQU Is Introducing The Beta Version Of Its Application For Merchants. Application for Affiliates has new Features - Reuters
*This content is not produced by Reuters Editorial News. It is produced by VC NewsNetwork.

Not a bad idea but there is no comparison here with ClickBank. With all ClickBank's faults they have been in business for over 20 years now.

Code:
barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ whois clickbank.com |grep -i 'creat'
   Creation Date: 1997-08-05T04:00:00Z
barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ whois hoqu.io |grep -i 'creat'
Creation Date: 2017-07-24T22:13:05Z

So, as a disruptive innovation -- How much revenue is the real question. You have to deal with the adoption curve. Have you made anything personally (that you have some proof of)?

The idea is a good one but who is using it? I don't see any network commitments on the new website (the .com)

Hey Greybeard, you mentioned the "adoption curve". Have you read the book "Crossing The Chasm"? https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060517123 (not an affiliate link)

If so, I find that concept very interesting...It explains how new (technology) companies have to cross the chasm/gap between the early market and the mainstream...
crossingthechasm.jpg

The idea of Hoqu might be good, but I personally don't see myself using it.

I DONT want to have my entire business in one place. I'd be too dependent on them. And I don't want them to read all my data (traffic sources, conversion sources, affiliates, etc.) So I guess, following that image above, I'd be in the mainstream market - waiting for others to prove that the concept works AND really is better than the "old" one.

Edit: Until then, I prefer working with established businesses. Because some things are far more important than disruption: Experience, predictability, stability, consistency, and so much more...

Yep, totally agree with you with on the sharing/promoting/building trust. Maybe this chasm thing (or adaption curve) is part of pretty much every business and product, no matter if you start a new network or sell a book.

There will always be an early market that buys it/uses it right away, and a late (mainstream) market that only buys once the business or product has proven itself...

The big difference in these two cases is, that the consequences and risk of buying a simple book are far lower than the risk of trying a new network or technology. Both need trust, 100% agreed ;) Still, the book only costs $XX, and you could even send it back. The established retailer (in this case ClickBank), makes sure of that.

But when running ads to a new network, ad spent easily goes in the $xxx-x.xxx a day - then you don't want things to go wrong aka not get paid because the platform has cashflow issues - or worse.

That's what I meant with my comment above regarding hoqu (that I'd personally wait using them until they've proven themselves), and customers/buyers also might be hesitant. That's where Amazon has a big advantage now. Buyers trust them 100%. Same for ClickBank, affiliates can trust them 100% to get paid. Etc.

Selling a book is relatively easy compared to the level of trust a new network has to establish. But I might be wrong :)

HOQU (HQX) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

Good one ...
So who is using it now?

HOQU Is Introducing The Beta Version Of Its Application For Merchants. Application for Affiliates has new Features - Reuters
*This content is not produced by Reuters Editorial News. It is produced by VC NewsNetwork.

Not a bad idea but there is no comparison here with ClickBank. With all ClickBank's faults they have been in business for over 20 years now.

Code:
barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ whois clickbank.com |grep -i 'creat'
   Creation Date: 1997-08-05T04:00:00Z
barry@paragon-DS-7:~$ whois hoqu.io |grep -i 'creat'
Creation Date: 2017-07-24T22:13:05Z

So, as a disruptive innovation -- How much revenue is the real question. You have to deal with the adoption curve. Have you made anything personally (that you have some proof of)?

The idea is a good one but who is using it? I don't see any network commitments on the new website (the .com)

Yes, it's good and none of the people here even do not try to explain why - because they have something like very nice reporting dashboard where you can see anything you've done with their or your own offers anyway, good luck for that!

I'm a bit late adding to this thread, but I hope what I share with you here may still be of some help.

First off, these are all GREAT tips in this thread which should definitely be taken into consideration. Now then, I will give you my experience with ClickBank since I, like you, did my due-diligence and actually enrolled in ClickBank University a few years back. And yes, ClickBank was a good place to start.

At the time (about 3 years ago) they had a really cool video lesson format which was easy to follow and understand. Not sure if that format still remains (I've switched schools since then since there was one particular aspect of CB I did not like (mentioned below)).

So academically they are alright. As mentioned in one of the threads above by Graybeard, however:

"10%? of the offers on ClickBank are 'contemporary'
The products are digital only and in the informational or 'education' areas -- your target audience will matter in making conversions".

This last part is key, that's why I underlined it.

Who you learn from matters (a lot!). But it's equally important if not more, to really know who your audience is and how you are going to serve them best. This will lead to greater conversions.

Also, realize that to make any headway in this business, you have to get serious.

Affiliate marketing may sound easy but like other business models, results come only after investing long hours learning and implementing many of the strategies and techniques mentioned in this thread. There's also a lot of fine tuning involved to finally hit the proverbial sweet spot. Be patient, persevere and you will get there.

Don't mean to discourage you. Just keeping it honest and real. Good luck!!

Haven't read the book but I see what you mean.
What you are looking for is scaling your marketing inertia.

I guess you might try cloning your efforts ... hasoffers, shareasale, impact (maybe), tapfiliate -- making your product available to a wider affiliate audience.

I think the subject matter 'weight loss' would have SEM restrictions and SEO limitations.

You might want to use social media as a platform -- not with the intent of selling your books -- that is too shallow. But with the intent of sharing ideas and philosophy of weight loss. If people like you and your wife they may buy your book and help you promote the books with their own personal endorsement. <that really maters in gaining inertia <building trust>

You are assuming it makes it over the peak ...
A lot of things never get that far too ;)

Yes, it's sad but true...

“The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry out their dream.” - Les Brown

It's a shame that even those determined enough to carry out their dream don't get guarantees for success :)

Hi guys, I am new here and also new at digital publishing.

I had launched my first online course and put my product on Clickbank and JVzoo but I need your help: How do the affiliates come to me or how can I recruit them?
Are there other possibilities about how to come to affiliates because I need them to promote my online course.

I appreciate your time and your answers :)

click bank isn't the best place online to start your track, I see Jvazo is more better.
regarding the cpa networks, I see also peerfly, mostcpa, maxbounty, clickdealer

There will always be an early market that buys it/uses it right away, and a late (mainstream) market that only buys once the business or product has proven itself...
You are assuming it makes it over the peak ...
A lot of things never get that far too ;)

As far as houq agreed; agreed -- financial responsibility is my #1 priority issue when someone is going to owe me money.
Where are their success stories and the name brands that have trusted them? There are none that I know of. Look at their crypto and you will see most of it was issued free. If they have a 4way split smart contract working I would pay them 1% for money transfer between customers/me/camgirls/and affiliates but transfers IN REAL TIME no holding our money ;)
If it's a few hundred until payment I still need to feel may spending and time is going to show a return. At least a reasonable chance of a return.

t
click bank isn't the best place online to start your track, I see Jvazo is more better.
regarding the cpa networks, I see also peerfly, mostcpa, maxbounty, clickdealer

Thank you much.

Would you also recommend that I buy thier Ads for JVzoo so the affiliates see my launch in the top hot section and when they log in and also in their emails? This sort of ads costs for a week about 1.500 $. I am thinking about it if it is worthwhile?

Thank you in advance ;)

What I meant by contemporary is that;
  1. The landing pages were not HTTPS > people expect that today. Chrome advises 'not secure' that is bad for conversions -- psychologically.
  2. The landing pages for many offers are outdated and if the offers were making money they would look updated. Only a fool doesn't spend money on a profitable business.
Still, there are probably 500 'offers' in that 10% that meet the above criterion.

banners
Back