The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is anyone working in travel affiliate field? Need some good insights.

Caffrey

affiliate
Hi there!

Is anyone from here working in travel nieche field and maybe can give some good insights and ideas?

As i am from Estonia and i like to trip around lot in Estonia (and also other countries sometimes) i was figuring that its good idea to make travel site which is not "commercial", but more like honest thoughs about different places in Estonia to visit, my plan is to write different articles with image/video content and give some useful tips.

Main target group will be foreigners who wants to discover Estonia and language will be english.

If anyone can share their experiences or give some good cons and pros it will be really nice.

At the moment my idea is to connect with:

Hotel & apartment booking - I dont know yet if its possible to include below of each article Booking affiliate box which shows hotels/aparments for example 10km radius of marked place? Also is it better to work with Booking.com or Airbnb or do You recommend both?

CarRental - What affiliate provider You recommend?

Amazon Products - Below each article i am planning to include about 4-5 useful travel related products.

Is there some more ideas which affiliate providers to use in this field and how to integrate these so they will work best?

NO problemo :D
You just need the latitude/longitude (GPS) locations and a MySQL table to work from -- some assembly required
SET @location_lnghotel1=(select lng from locations where hotel=1);
SET @location_lathotel1 =(select lat from locations where hotel=1);
(^*set the variables)
(then replace the lat/lng numbers with @location_lnghotel1, @location_lathotel1)
SELECT
name,
( 3959 * acos( cos( radians(42.290763) ) * cos( radians( locations.lat ) )
* cos( radians(locations.lng) - radians(-71.35368)) + sin(radians(42.290763))
* sin( radians(locations.lat)))) AS distance
FROM locations
WHERE active = 1
HAVING distance < 10
ORDER BY distance;

Note: The provided distance is in Miles. If you need Kilometers, use 6371 instead of 3959

-----
The above is the Cosine Formula Law of cosines - Wikipedia it is used in geopositioning.
There is a google maps api that can do this also but IDK about an out of the box text list solution ...

Last edited:
Hi there!

Is anyone from here working in travel nieche field and maybe can give some good insights and ideas?

As i am from Estonia and i like to trip around lot in Estonia (and also other countries sometimes) i was figuring that its good idea to make travel site which is not "commercial", but more like honest thoughs about different places in Estonia to visit, my plan is to write different articles with image/video content and give some useful tips.

Main target group will be foreigners who wants to discover Estonia and language will be english.

If anyone can share their experiences or give some good cons and pros it will be really nice.

At the moment my idea is to connect with:

Hotel & apartment booking - I dont know yet if its possible to include below of each article Booking affiliate box which shows hotels/aparments for example 10km radius of marked place? Also is it better to work with Booking.com or Airbnb or do You recommend both?

CarRental - What affiliate provider You recommend?

Amazon Products - Below each article i am planning to include about 4-5 useful travel related products.

Is there some more ideas which affiliate providers to use in this field and how to integrate these so they will work best?
Hello.
I recommend tripadvisor for affiliate.
I am working on travelpayouts website too if we can help ourselves generating traffic it will be better.

Flight delay compensation could be something for you to consider? We are looking for affiliates to drive flight delay compensation leads - similar vertical although we're strictly lead gen and not link-based. Let me know if you would like more information.
How it is platf
Flight delay compensation could be something for you to consider? We are looking for affiliates to drive flight delay compensation leads - similar vertical although we're strictly lead gen and not link-based. Let me know if you would like more information.
Hello.how it is .Please let me know

I like Booking.con much better than AirBnb for example, but that just me. Some more trust like age and functions it seems get more conversions for my traffic. Have you considered to use tripadvisor or some niche travel providers for your blog already or not ?

Hi @Simo67, I sent you a DM

Post all helpful information in the thread, so all members can benefit, please. And using the private messaging system for unsolicited promotion can get you banned.

Also, if you are trying to recruit affiliates or promote a company, you must be an approved vendor before you can do that. It's not optional. You can get the details here Official - How To Get Your Resource Listed . Pay special attention to the list of requirements below the video and if you need help, just let me know.

banners
Back