The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is anyone running affiliate offers on Google Ads?

WBSS

So I have unlimited Google Accounts at the moment, but I noticed that my ads will run for couple hours and then get suspended for : unacceptable business practices

I can't pin point what the heck I'm doing wrong.

On the landing page there is a Privacy policy, terms and conditions, affiliate disclosure, terms and conditions, even shipping and refund policy.

I'm using advertorial landing pages or sales pages.

I was even thinking maybe the affiliate link, so I cloaked it and used another network, but same results.
Other people are running the same offer on Google, but I see that they are abusing the network.

For those that are running on Google, any advice?

Advertorial style landing page

This is very likely the issue. If you are doing a home grown native ad (advertorial lander) then you are being penalized by Google. They do not permit or allow in any way an obvious affiliate ad page or any traditional affiliate landing page landing page as the page one arrives at from a Google Ad. Now a content site can provide the same effectiveness and from there have links to other pages on your site that are more traditional for affiliates.

This has been the case for many years and each year they tighten the noose around these types of sites. If the site is an obvious affiliate site, affiliate landing page, or affiliate advertorial site, then you get slammed by them. They see them as very unprofessional and very unsophisticated. They know from years of user polling and user ratings that the users find them to be a nuisance in the SE's and have lodged complaints for many years about pages and sites like that being indexed by Google.

If you use search engine ads for traffic, you are buying premium traffic which means you need to provide premium content and a premium experience, especially as an affiliate pushing offers.

I don't recommend going to a Ferrari Dealer to get a tune up on your old Ford station wagon. In other words if you are buying premium traffic you MUST provide a premium experience with premium content.

I have unlimited Google Accounts at the moment

This may also be an issue. If you are buying Google accounts, then they always realize a major change in behavior of an existing account.

If you are doing any black hat, like buying Google accounts, they always find out and shut you down. The new Google algo update can easily be the cherry on top here too. It just went into effect a few weeks ago and it has loads of targeting to find back hat. They now can identify link buying and other SEO hacks, and loads of other tactics and strategies they do not approve of and being implemented in the many black hat practices.

This is very likely the issue. If you are doing a home grown native ad (advertorial lander) then you are being penalized by Google. They do not permit or allow in any way an obvious affiliate ad page or any traditional affiliate landing page landing page as the page one arrives at from a Google Ad. Now a content site can provide the same effectiveness and from there have links to other pages on your site that are more traditional for affiliates.

This has been the case for many years and each year they tighten the noose around these types of sites. If the site is an obvious affiliate site, affiliate landing page, or affiliate advertorial site, then you get slammed by them. They see them as very unprofessional and very unsophisticated. They know from years of user polling and user ratings that the users find them to be a nuisance in the SE's and have lodged complaints for many years about pages and sites like that being indexed by Google.

If you use search engine ads for traffic, you are buying premium traffic which means you need to provide premium content and a premium experience, especially as an affiliate pushing offers.

I don't recommend going to a Ferrari Dealer to get a tune up on your old Ford station wagon. In other words if you are buying premium traffic you MUST provide a premium experience with premium content.

This may also be an issue. If you are buying Google accounts, then they always realize a major change in behavior of an existing account.

If you are doing any black hat, like buying Google accounts, they always find out and shut you down. The new Google algo update can easily be the cherry on top here too. It just went into effect a few weeks ago and it has loads of targeting to find back hat. They now can identify link buying and other SEO hacks, and loads of other tactics and strategies they do not approve of and being implemented in the many black hat practices.
Thank you for your detailed reply, so the best thing to do if I want to run affiliate offers is to have a conten site or review site? Right?

As for the google accounts, I do have a contact that provides those for me, but that is just for figuring out what works because Google is very fast to suspend accounts.

I'm not running anything blackhat, only whitehat.

It is weird because I see other people running those pages on Google.

so the best thing to do if I want to run affiliate offers is to have a conten site or review site? Right?

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is if you are using Google for paid traffic, then a content site is your better option. There are tons of traffic sources and ways to promote affiliate network offers and affiliate program offers other than Google. As well, I never recommend any form of review site. Review sites are a tough gig these days unless you can build something like a CNET or a Tom's Hardware. Those review sites are long term and they are prolific with content.

Google absolutely does not want to see a site that is made for simply promoting offers. Those days have come and gone. If you have a content site like a blog, a forum, a technical site, or any regular site dedicated to a niche and the focus of that niche is providing a rich and valuable source of information (updated and added to regularly and frequently) to the people in that niche then Google and FB will richly reward you with ease of advertising, rankings, and access to there many users.

I'm not a fan of blogs. They are typically very owner/operator oriented. Instead, provide a niche site like a traditionally coded site with its' orientation strictly that of the niche itself providing a rich experience that is all inclusive of everyone in that niche. People love reading opposing views on things. Would you have a site strictly about everything to do with coffee only have information about French Roast, or would it be better to bring the information about all types of coffee, all of their origins, and all of their variations? If you had a political site, it's proven that the most successful (financially) political sites provide all views. It is true that in some fields like politics, finance, education, etc., that a dedicated site to one view can be highly profitable, but time has shown us that catering to a bigger picture in those arenas are more profitable. I'm sure a couple of our readers here are going to take issue with that statement, but you see that's because we cater to all of the marketers and not just one segment of the field. Getting the idea?

I must also correct myself in one regard here, when I say we are here for everyone and we are inclusive of all marketers and their varied opinions and practices, we do not cater to the blackhat industry. We are opposed to that segment of our industry.

As for the google accounts, I do have a contact that provides those for me, but that is just for figuring out what works because Google is very fast to suspend accounts.

I'm not running anything blackhat, only whitehat.

It is weird because I see other people running those pages on Google.

So, the fact that you are using multiple accounts is seen by most as a blackhat practice and if you think that Google cannot connect the dots there, you are very very wrong. When they identify that you are using disposable accounts, then they treat it as such and place you in a "risk"category that their internal reviewers and algorithms see. Their third quarter revenues this year were $69.1 billion, do you really think you can find a way to beat them at their own game?

I use their developer site a lot to educate myself on their practices, their requirements, and their upcoming releases and plans. This way I can be prepared for what comes next and how to work with them daily and do it without worry and fear.

There is an old expression that states that if you give everyone what they want, then they will gladly provide you everything you want. Corny, I know, but there is value in adopting this pattern within your dealings with the vendors in our industry. If they say don't do this
or that, then don't do this or that. If they say do it like this, then do it like that. Simple and effective.

Keep in mind, Google is very progressive, as are any of the big platforms, and this is largely due to our technology and skills advancing at "light speed" and this means you and I, as well as our contemporaries, have to engage ourselves in ongoing education in our field. I spend at least half of every day researching, learning about everything new that I must comply with and preparing for those implementations.

The days of Frank Kern with the How to Train Your Parrot ebooks making you millions are over. Today we are in a sophisticated business. Treat it as such and you will earn BIG!

Last edited:
That example page uses no cookies --does your page use cookies? If so, is there a conforming policy?
That is required now in the EU and the state of California 2023

new-years-2023.jpg

My experiences with Google are mostly negative these days.
Web 3.0 will not need Google --Google will not be invited to the party :)

Google is not my arbitrator of truth.

This is very likely the issue. If you are doing a home grown native ad (advertorial lander) then you are being penalized by Google. They do not permit or allow in any way an obvious affiliate ad page or any traditional affiliate landing page landing page as the page one arrives at from a Google Ad
How is Bing ads in this department?

How is Bing ads in this department?

Bing is far more flexible, but becoming a bit more demanding in that area as each year passes.

The betterr option is stay away from SE's when it comes to traditional landing pages. Use other traffic sources for landers.

For the SE's, use a content site because this is what they want. I can tell you more than 75% of my marketing now revolves around content sites. The SE's absolutely love content sites. You can always also send visitors to landers from the discreet ads and links on your content sites. this works exceptionally well.

Last edited:
For the SE's, use a content site because this is what they want.
By content do you mean blogs? Or just a few helpful articles about knee pain for example?

I was thinking exactly that. To create niche website with articles and then spice up with offer, like contextual linking to it, putting banner in sidebar. Do you have some example of "subtle lander" in this way?

And offer some free template or similar to collect emails.

Is that what you think? And that's ok for SE PPC?

By content do you mean blogs?

Blogs, web sites, etc., are platforms. Content is what you put on those platforms.

A content site is generally targeting a specific topic and niche. True content sites add new, quality, and relevant content frequently. Sometimes daily, sometimes a few times a week, sometimes a combination of that.

I was thinking exactly that. To create niche website with articles and then spice up with offer, like contextual linking to it, putting banner in sidebar.

That is content marketing. You must be sure the content is focused on a specific niche or topic.

Do you have some example of "subtle lander" in this way?

Landers will be something that your visitors go to from your site when they click a marketing link or banner on your site. It should be a static page on which you presell the offer and then clicks through to the offers conversion page. You will place your lander within the same structure as your content site, as a part of your site and included in your sites menu.

For landers, some offers will provide them, but the best thing to use is intelligence platforms like AdPlexity and Social AdScout to find which offers are currently succeeding and then you can download their landers so you can change them to be uniquely yours.

And that's ok for SE PPC?

True content sites done correctly are loved by the SE's and will provide easy and successful relationships with the SEs.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is if you are using Google for paid traffic, then a content site is your better option. There are tons of traffic sources and ways to promote affiliate network offers and affiliate program offers other than Google. As well, I never recommend any form of review site. Review sites are a tough gig these days unless you can build something like a CNET or a Tom's Hardware. Those review sites are long term and they are prolific with content.

Google absolutely does not want to see a site that is made for simply promoting offers. Those days have come and gone. If you have a content site like a blog, a forum, a technical site, or any regular site dedicated to a niche and the focus of that niche is providing a rich and valuable source of information (updated and added to regularly and frequently) to the people in that niche then Google and FB will richly reward you with ease of advertising, rankings, and access to there many users.

I'm not a fan of blogs. They are typically very owner/operator oriented. Instead, provide a niche site like a traditionally coded site with its' orientation strictly that of the niche itself providing a rich experience that is all inclusive of everyone in that niche. People love reading opposing views on things. Would you have a site strictly about everything to do with coffee only have information about French Roast, or would it be better to bring the information about all types of coffee, all of their origins, and all of their variations? If you had a political site, it's proven that the most successful (financially) political sites provide all views. It is true that in some fields like politics, finance, education, etc., that a dedicated site to one view can be highly profitable, but time has shown us that catering to a bigger picture in those arenas are more profitable. I'm sure a couple of our readers here are going to take issue with that statement, but you see that's because we cater to all of the marketers and not just one segment of the field. Getting the idea?

I must also correct myself in one regard here, when I say we are here for everyone and we are inclusive of all marketers and their varied opinions and practices, we do not cater to the blackhat industry. We are opposed to that segment of our industry.

So, the fact that you are using multiple accounts is seen by most as a blackhat practice and if you think that Google cannot connect the dots there, you are very very wrong. When they identify that you are using disposable accounts, then they treat it as such and place you in a "risk"category that their internal reviewers and algorithms see. Their third quarter revenues this year were $69.1 billion, do you really think you can find a way to beat them at their own game?

I use their developer site a lot to educate myself on their practices, their requirements, and their upcoming releases and plans. This way I can be prepared for what comes next and how to work with them daily and do it without worry and fear.

There is an old expression that states that if you give everyone what they want, then they will gladly provide you everything you want. Corny, I know, but there is value in adopting this pattern within your dealings with the vendors in our industry. If they say don't do this
or that, then don't do this or that. If they say do it like this, then do it like that. Simple and effective.

Keep in mind, Google is very progressive, as are any of the big platforms, and this is largely due to our technology and skills advancing at "light speed" and this means you and I, as well as our contemporaries, have to engage ourselves in ongoing education in our field. I spend at least half of every day researching, learning about everything new that I must comply with and preparing for those implementations.

The days of Frank Kern with the How to Train Your Parrot ebooks making you millions are over. Today we are in a sophisticated business. Treat it as such and you will earn BIG!
TJ, hi! From your answer, Google really hates landing pages (purely promotional pages) based on affiliate marketing. I understand through Youtube that a lot of people promote products on Clickbank by making landing pages to get commissions. They make a website that is just a product page, is this an easy way to be rejected by Google?

banners
Back