The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is anyone familiar with MSNs ppc program?

vicki55

affiliate
Hi all:

I am very new and very confused. Just when I think I have crossed over and seen the light, I find more information that just confuses me. :confused: So, I will just get right to the point...

Is anyone familiar with the MSN ad program? Can you advertise any affiliate product using MSN?

Also, is anyone familiar with finding the competition/search traffic for MSN? Is it the same as it is with google i.e. "skin care" to show all ads using this term?

I thought I would give this MSN option a try.

I appreciate all insights.

Thanks.
Vicki

Hi Vicky,

Yes it's very similar to Google Adwords, mainly a different interface. You won't get as many clicks or as much traffic, but it should also cost a little less. Just be careful because it's still easy to pay more than you earn if you don't know what you are doing. So be sure you know how to do good keyword research, use negative keywords and study good ad copywriting. Also be sure you have a merchant that converts well and make enough per sale to cover your PPC cost and still make a profit.

I use it - like Linda said, it's similar to AdWords, but yes, you do get less clicks, although you spend less money, too so if you can work it to get those highly targted clicks, it's worth it.

Thanks for the replies. I just would like some clarification on a couple of things:

* Do you perform keyword research the same way for MSN as with google? Keyword(s) in quote marks to see competiton.

* Does MSN have their own search volume per keyword like google has their own keyword tool? Or do you have to use something like overture to get all the results?

*is there any PPC experts on the forum who will help with starting a PPC campaign?

Thanks again, guys. Linda, I know I am in the newbie forum so I am sure there are no experts here in newbieville, but I could really use some help setting up a campaign and would like a recommendation even if it costs $$$$. At least I will know the person can be trusted.

Thank you.
Vicki

Hi Vicky,

Yes you can search KW in quotes to get a feel for competition.

I have not used MSN for so long I don't remember what they have for a KW tool. I'm sure they have one. If not you can use the free Wordtracker or the Google Adwords external too.

I only know 1 person that COULD possible help you set up a campaign but I'm not sure he would contract out to do it and not sure how familiar he is with MSN. So I'll just point him to this thread and he'll contact you if he is able to help you.

Linda:

Wow! You are so efficient! Could you point him again. He sent a PM but my computer would not open in another window and I can't seem to access it.

Thank you.
Vicki

Hi Vicki,

You don't need to open a new window. Just go to top right under your name and you'll either see private messages or notifications. Click there to get his message.

banners
Back