The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is a top 10 the best type of niche?

TryingtoSucceed

affiliate
I have expressed my concerns on this site and others for a while. I cannot find a good niche. I've tried multiple, but they were not good for me.

The feedback I have received, the general consensus is that a "top ten" website is the best kind to rank and drive traffic in 2021.

I just wanted to clarify before I move forward, is it? Or should I stick with a traditional "select a niche you're interested in where there is an angle of entrance"?

I see people that start a website, and 3 months later they're making money. I was taught that it takes at least 9 months before Google will even consider ranking your website, much less first page. Do they achieve this through paid advertising?

My idea would be something like "toptentechnology.com" or something. I'm sure it's taken but I would find something.

I would just need to figure out a way to narrow it down. I can't compete with things like "Top ten laptops in 2021". I don't know how to narrow it down.

How would I find articles that can rank high and bring viewers?

I have expressed my concerns on this site and others for a while. I cannot find a good niche. I've tried multiple, but they were not good for me.

The feedback I have received, the general consensus is that a "top ten" website is the best kind to rank and drive traffic in 2021.

I just wanted to clarify before I move forward, is it? Or should I stick with a traditional "select a niche you're interested in where there is an angle of entrance"?

I see people that start a website, and 3 months later they're making money. I was taught that it takes at least 9 months before Google will even consider ranking your website, much less first page. Do they achieve this through paid advertising?

In my opinion people overcomplicate this niche selection thing. From my experience there is no such a thing as good niches and bad niches. You can make any niche work provided that you keep few basics in mind:

- don't keep you market too broad. Try to narrow 1, 2 down
- confirm that there is demand in such a market, usually done by looking at keyword search volumes
- confirm that other marketers are already making money from the said niche. This is done by checking if anyone is advertising in the niche (quick search on google). Also check to see if there are any magazines in the niche.

There are literally unlimited niches around. Find what the biggest challenge/problem is for a chosen niche and provide a solution/offer to solve that issue. Once you match problem/solution, you will start seeing result.

So once can't say is top 1o something is good or bad until you test it.

Category: Sport (could be Lifestyle)
Niche: Golf
Sub-niche 1: Golf gifts or gifts for golfers
Sub-niche 2: golf clubs
and so forth....

If you pick "gifts for golf lovers" as a niche (of sub niche) to work with. You go out and assess the market e.g is there demand for it (search volumes)

are other people already making money with this? (google ads)

what is the biggest problem in this niche? e.g people need good quality gifts for their dad who loves golf etc..

how can you help them? Maybe put up a review site on gifts for golf lovers and promote some good quality gifts/products?

The sky is the limit my friend. Let me know if you need any specifics and good luck with your project.

Do they achieve this through paid advertising?

I'm not an SEO guy, so can't really help you with this part.

But, yes, paid traffic is always faster.

You'll certainly need a fair amount of time to start getting consistent organic traffic to a new site, but you can accomplish this instantly with paid ads.

Obviously, the drawback is the cost. But if you can afford the initial tests and learn to make more than you spend, scaling is fast, too.

In business and investing, risk and potential are always hand in hand. Paid traffic may be riskier (you "risk" your time with free traffic, but still...), but it also gives you better chances of achieving results in a short period of time.

free traffic

As an SEO, I politely take issue with "free traffic"
SEO is not free, I value my time and SEO takes time to learn and implement
I concur with @Graybeard it should be called "earned traffic" or organic traffic
But there's nothing free about it unless my time is worth zero
We all have bills to pay

I find good niches every 10 minutes
That's the hardest part of affiliate marketing
Trying to ignore the "new niche" impulse

If you are stuck just find a niche someone else's is doin well in and (legally) copy them, but make yours better, it's really very simple

As an SEO, I politely take issue with "free traffic"
SEO is not free, I value my time and SEO takes time to learn and implement
I concur with @Graybeard it should be called "earned traffic" or organic traffic
But there's nothing free about it unless my time is worth zero
We all have bills to pay

You're absolutely right.

My intention was not to undervalue "free" traffic strategies.

Most people trying to learn the basics of affiliate marketing have a limited budget and are looking for a way to improve their financial situation (of course, there are always exceptions). What I meant to say is that, for someone with a very limited budget and a stack of bills to pay, getting started with paid advertising may be a riskier choice.

banners
Back