The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Introduction - Hey!

thoffman

affiliate
Hey All! I'm new to affiliate marketing. In my day job I'm a web developer - I make everything from websites to custom console applications. When I come home from my job - that's when the real work begins.

I've spent the last month or so preparing. Reading through blog archives, forum posts, free ebooks. I haven't spent a dime on my education - yet. I've considered paid forums. But I don't think I need more information at this point. I need action! When you do something you find out what information is valuable and what isn't - fast.

I've reached the conclusion that POF should be my first traffic source. Not just use. Master. I'm not letting myself jump around. Once I'm consistently able to generate profitable campaigns, then I can start exploring new opportunities. I think POF is one of the best ways to learn the fundamentals of paid advertising.

I think mobile advertising is the future. And eventually that's where i want to go.

I've set up my tracking sever (p202). And this week have launched my first campaign on POF. Tracking has proven invaluable already. The ads that I thought would do well - haven't . And the ones I didn't think would do well - have. Maybe that's because I'm a young man advertising to old women - haha. I haven't gotten a conversion. But I know I will.

I have the budget. I have the time. I have the hunger. I just have to stay the course.

Thanks K for making this community, it's pretty great so far. I hope I can get to a point where I can give back"to the community through the knowledge I acquire.

You have the right mindset. you need to have that or you will drift. POF is a decent traffic source and it good for dating offers obviously. You need to master one source at a time but don't lag too long one on source. You want to have a good mix of paid and free

MI
Back