The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Interview with David Duval Creator of PHP Link Directory Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

temi

affiliate
UK WW: I assume you are a programmer, how did you get into programming?
David: I am one of those people that learned a "little bit about a lot of things". Sure, I can do some programming in PHP, but there are certainly people that I work with daily that are better than me.

UK WW: When was NetCreated founded, what lead you to starting the company?
David: NetCreated was founded shortly after I quit my "day job" about 3 years ago. Back then phpLD did not exist, but I had some steady business building websites for people.

UK WW: Apart from PHPLD, what other product or services does NetCreated offer?
David: We still have a pretty steady business doing websites for people, especially in Atlanta and Miami, and a few in Los Angeles too. In addition we have several other scripts that we sell. You can see those here: Link Directory and Link Exchange Campaign Tool. Some were more successful than others. We also have a product called Dance Studio Manager that now runs approximately 12 dance or gymnastics schools. We are starting to market it now, and we expect some good growth this year. We also have a couple of phpLD related projects due out this year as well.

UK WW: PHPLD is one of the most popular directory script, what do you put its popularity down to?
David: People. It has always been people. If it weren't for the many wonderful people that used the script or helped others, we would not be successful.

UK WW: When you created PHPLD, did you ever imagine it would be this successful?
David: No, I was just frustrated that there was no good link directory script that would help me exchange links with other sites, so with some help, I created one for my own sites, and it grew from there.

UK WW: Are you still developing PHPLD 2?
David: Yes, we have had 2 or 3 releases in the last year, and there is a new one coming soon. We don't work on phpLD 2 as aggressively as 3, but we certainly want to make sure it is a solid product.

UK WW: Is there an easy upgrade route from PHPLD 2 to PHPLD 3 without losing data?
David: Yes, it often takes less than one hour to do the upgrade, depending on the number of modifications to the v2 directory.

UK WW: How long would you keep supporting/developing PHPLD2?
David: We have no plans to discontinue this product at this time.

UK WW: Are you able to give us a peep into future PHPLD releases and tell us what to expect?
David: We will be continuing to streamline the process that allows directory owners to make money, yet stay out of trouble with search engines.

UK WW: What script(s) do you consider the main PHPLD competition?
David: I like to think that each script has its strong points. I prefer to avoid getting too involved in discussions about other scripts, and leave it up to others to make their own judgements.

UK WW: Are you able to elaborate on PHPLD licensing; PHPLD unlike its competition does not seem to have special licensing terms for multiple install.
David: I don't believe in an unlimited license. I try to look at other scripts such as vBulletin, and they don't offer it either. I like to think that people will grow with phpLD over time, and buy more licenses if they see a benefit. Repeat customers have been an important part of our success.

UK WW: Do you have tips for wannabe entrepreneurs?
David: That's a tough question. You need a consistent approach over time. Unfortunately, the days of ranking highly rapid are coming to a close. You have to think about your website the same way you think about a small business.

UK WW: What advice would you give would be Directory owners?
David: Make a quality site. Don't be in too much of a hurry, and try to add other great content besides links. Make friends and help one another.

UK WW: Most people in your industry are a bit of Netaholics, how would you describe the amount of time you spend online, just right, too little or too much?
David: A little too much.
UK WW: How do you relax after a days work?
David: I do ballroom dancing 25-30 hours per week with my wife, and we are starting to win on the regional level.

UK WW: What thrills you about your work?
David: It's great seeing people help each other become successful. You can't do it alone. It's also great hearing from people that were happy about their experience with phpLD. We still get lots of good feedback, and that makes the day go a little easier.

UK WW: What frustrates you?
David: Mean people.

UK WW: Is there anything I missed out that you would like to add to this interview?
David: Well, first let me thank you for taking the time to prepare these questions. And also, I hope that people will continue to find way to innovate in the directory industry. I have a lot of ideas, but together we are stronger. We have to work together.

Nice interview temi.

David is such a wonderful guy. His phpld rocking amongst all directory's script.

Wonderful and useful interview.

David is a great man, who is working for the online people with a target. I am sure that he will put more efforts for us.

Thanks David for such a beautiful interview. Thanks Temi to arrnage this interview.

Actually I have had the pleasure of dealing with David on a few occasions and I cannot say anything except that he is very successful with his directories because of his cool business attitude and he is growing by leaps and bounds!! I believe that I am up to 30 directories with phpLD now and I will have more in the future! Great Interview!

Actually I have had the pleasure of dealing with David on a few occasions and I cannot say anything except that he is very successful with his directories because of his cool business attitude and he is growing by leaps and bounds!! I believe that I am up to 30 directories with phpLD now and I will have more in the future! Great Interview!

30 directories, I think you should open a new thread and list them all for us :)

temi,

tnx a lot for excellent interview.

I came to know lots of about DD and his dir scripts.

DD,
please offer another free version of PHPLD for us :D

UK WW: How do you relax after a days work?
David: I do ballroom dancing 25-30 hours per week with my wife, and we are starting to win on the regional level.

Hahahahah,

Ballroom Dancing 25 - 30 hours a week? :)

That kinda kills work doesn't in LOL

Hello,
you may put your links on these urls which are mentioned here.

Thank you,
Regards,
Pakistan Boy
Link removed | Link removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back