The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Internet - A place that impels monopolism?

SMTPBOXES

Service Manager
Service Manager
SMTPBOXES
This is something in my mind since ages and I'm pretty sure you always ask yourself the same thing. Lets discuss it !?

Why it is SPAM to mention your small and evolving website to a forum or blog but it is not spam to mention Facebook,Twitter,Google,Youtube,URL shorteners etc. and do links in posts (even if not promoting your own content there,but something else) ? After all even though these websites are well known, posting a link or mentioning them should be prohibited SPAM if the same rules apply for ALL sites.This sounds exactly as monopolism. For example youtube can easily convert by embedded video in offtopic forum for something fun AND has ads in the middle of the video.
That way we promote rich sites go even richer and 'small' sites not being able to be heard, but 'small' doesn't mean bad service isn't it ?

I want to add small note that affiliatefix is the first forum I found that has most likely thought about that by giving us chances to have our own service listed and even mentioning it where it suggest.
For me this is a step forward to equity against major websites.

Last edited:
We hope you can become a successful business and can thank us by buying an ad or two to lend us your support:)

The Internet started out being just the opposite --like a gold rush where business people could stake a claim in the new frontier c. 1999

Whoever thought newcomers like Amazon could rise to dominate retail and something like Netflix could radically alter the real world entertainment business? But I agree that some internet giants have become basically evil and greedy like Facebook and Google.

The populace (or the market place) of the Internet has a short memory and only fleeting allegiances --change is a constant thing in the digital world. Adapt or die ...

I wish you all the best, I love seeing success through hard work.

I remember back in the day when people first started buying up domain names in the hope the internet would become popular. That stratergy certainly paid off and some of those people became millionares literally overnight. Even today so many still think the internet is a place of instant riches and all they need to do is create a website and become rich.

With that in mind it's hard to filter spam from legit business.

It's that same old story, if you have alot of money, you can do what ever the feck you like. :)

Nothing stops you to build your own forum
Then you can make the rules
Affiliate Fix started with zero members
Now 100k with hard work
They earned their position

We hope you can become a successful business and can thank us by buying an ad or two to lend us your support:)

The Internet started out being just the opposite --like a gold rush where business people could stake a claim in the new frontier c. 1999

Whoever thought newcomers like Amazon could rise to dominate retail and something like Netflix could radically alter the real world entertainment business? But I agree that some internet giants have become basically evil and greedy like Facebook and Google.

The populace (or the market place) of the Internet has a short memory and only fleeting allegiances --change is a constant thing in the digital world. Adapt or die ...
It was the Frontier, now it's the Wild West. With highwaymen (hackers), pioneers, lone wolves and very minimal laws, like CANSPAM.

It was a lot worse 20 years ago ... We were naive back then.
The Internet population has increased dramatically --the bad apple ratio is probably the same --there is just more "cyber-villains" in number, IMO.
As common users I think we are a lot more savvy than 10 years ago (even)

banners
Back