The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Internal page linking

pow-wow

affiliate
When link building, should i put links out there that go to internal pages of my website or should I just link to the main page and hope that visitors will go to the rest themselves?
Is interlinking a good optimization technique?

Thanks in advance.

For Search Engine Optimization internal linking should be also given importance as the external link building. The optimization work also involve internal link building so try to make it proper and organized.

I`m no expert, but I always try to link internally. Apart from Google liking it, it also heps site visitors find their way around.

Internal Linking

Internal linking is important,but first step is to generate traffic towards home page,then do internal linking.

One of the best technique of internal linking is
deep link directory submission
Internal linking in your website.
Put internal link url in forum signature.

But overall,if your site is new generate traffic for home page then go for intern al link optimization

Getting links to from other websites (especailly pages of the same niche) to all areas of your website can only favour your site.

When link building, should i put links out there that go to internal pages of my website or should I just link to the main page and hope that visitors will go to the rest themselves?

you can not ignore the internal pages as these are the part of a website.
Internal pages do require links. do link building and directory submission for internal pages as well. since you can not target all the keywords on home page. they also require enough optimization to rank high in SERPs.

Is interlinking a good optimization technique?

Thanks in advance.

are you talking about linking within a site?
If yes then internal linking is essential while optimizing a web site. No optimization can be complete without doing proper internal linking. Try to give your user a website which is easily and entirely navigable from one single page. Each pages should be inter-linked with each other. If you are creating a website having sub-category in a category and again sub-category in a sub-category then try to link the all main sub-categories from each page. It will help your site make easily crawlable by SE spiders.

I've read that getting links from .edu & .gov websites have a very good importance for your website credibility, it's just a myth or it's true? :)

Why should it be one or the other?

What is wrong with building links to both your homepage and your internal links?

- Matt

Optimizing internal pages

Submit your site to deep link directories and give internal link as forum signature,it is the best way to optimize site.

Internal Linking is better than external linking.

I didnt know the two were in competition with each other?

Internal links are a highly important part of on site SEO but if you have no in bound links then what good will great internal linking do?

Inertia, I am a little confused about chetans reply. I am not sure if by 'external linking' he/she means linking OUT from a site. If this is the case, then that statement has nothing to do with the original question and might cause confusion. hence my asking for clarification.

A link from .gov,.edu or any newspapaer site counts a lot.

Why people get hung up on these I'll never know. The amount of posts on forums I see exactly the same thing is unreal.

Don't bother chasing them. If you can obtain one then thats great.

Unless you have something like a site about Robotics and get a link from ucla.edu on their Robotic engineering page, it's pointless.

I'm 100% with OWG on this.

KP

banners
Back