The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Increase traffic to website

A few questions

Hey Longroad, I saw your suggestions and I have a few questions, as a brand new blog owner. (I have a wordpress blog that I started a few months ago and have under my own domain name, on Godaddy; I promote it by writing articles, and now make about $2-5 a day with adsense. Although I'd had several $12-15 days - woo hoo!)

Are you suggesting starting out with a website program rather than wordpress, and then linking to the wordpress blog?

And are you allowed to have a blogger blog that links to a wordpress blog that you own? And if not, how likely is it that you'll be busted (get in trouble with adsense) for doing so if you register each account under a different email name?

"Build a content rich website of at least 5 pages
2) Add a wordpress blog to the website
3) Start a blogger blog on a keyword related to the website niche
4) Have links on the blogger blog to the wordpress blog
5) Start a blogroll on the wordpress blog that links to one of the website's inner content pages
6) Social bookmark both blogs to get listed in Google and Yahoo faster"

Hi notaprettysite,

Welcome to 5 Star.

I believe longroad was quoting from the previous post,
so it was really Redhat39 that gave the tips.
Hopefully he'll be by to answer.

But here is what I think he was saying.

Build a static site like for example homepage about the jist of the site, about us, page, contact page etc. Also have a Wordpress blog. (I think that's what he is saying, but I think the same thing can be accomplished all on WP with some static pages. He may have reasons for the 5 page part of the site that I don't know about.)

THen blog on your blogger account about the same general topic. Maybe shorter and slightly different copy would be my guess. Occasionally within a post you could link to your WP blog and say for more info see my post about green widgets here. Plus I see no reason why you could not have a link to your WP blog in the sidebar of your blogger blog. Make it a keyword link though, not just my site but Green Widgets Blog or More green widget info here. You could even link to a couple other good industry blogs and make it a blogroll that includes your blog in the #1 spot.

Not sure why blogger would have a problem with you linking to your WP blog. But always doublecheck the TOS of you arent sure. I'm just assuming it's OK 0 don't know every specific rule they may have.

So in a nutshell you are trying to build your WP blog as the authority site, putting most of the best content there. but since blogger blogs possibly in the beginning can get higher rankings than a brand new blog on a new domain, you use the blogger blog as a bill board or bigger front door to get people into your own site.

Thanks Linda!

The reason that I thought that putting up a blog on blogger.com, and then adding a link to my wordpress site, might be perceived as bad is that it seems to me as if doing that would be me creating a site and adding links to it just to boost my other site.

Mind you, I am all for anything that boosts my pagerank and lets google know that I exist - but I thought that the Google Gods would frown on anyone creating a blog, and then sort of artificially creating backlinks by creating other blogs that link to it. Otherwise, couldn't everyone boost their main site by creating dozens of blogs, and then linking to that main site from the blogs? And then it would look like that main site had tons of backlinks from relevant sites?

Specifics on the web 2.0 stuff

I am not an affiliate marketer but I on the blog side, I generally find that the content goes through some stages.

1) Anything is good.
Basically this is where I do directories and things like that. While building up content and perfecting the niche I spend my marketing time on the directories and building lists of related and complimentary content sites that will allow postings.

I also setup my digg, su and other accounts because it garners some start traffic though it is normally worthless.

2) Get Relationships
Building backlinks yourself kind of sucks in my mind. You also never seem to climb the organic results without getting solid constant buzz from the niches you are in. Remember google uses a hilltop algorithm at its inception, which means that the more sites with similar content, that talk about you, the higher your "score".
So here is where I go on a commenting spree. Basically trying to get highly involved on the communications on other sites online. Get them to then engage me back again. This doesn't happen with small 1 line "great post" comments, but instead with legitimate conversation.

3) Start marketing
By now you should see if you have content that will catch. This is usually post 100 or so for me. If I don't have 100 RSS subscribers, I cut the operation as a failure. If I do, I will pump a little bit of money around to see where I can play with getting new quality readers.

Jan

Exactly Linda.

Web 2.0 is so effective in getting more exposure for your website.

I use so many things all interconnected like:
  • Blogging
  • Squidoo
  • Video marketing
  • Social bookmarking
  • Social networking
  • Forums
  • Vlogging
  • Articles
  • Wikis
  • Hub pages

All of these things can be linked together to get your websites ranked better in the search engines. The key thing to remember with Web 2.0 marketing is that it's all about community. You want to add thoughtful and useful content to these communities with your website being just an extension of what you're giving already.

Sheree

I don't like SEO anymore... I'm starting to like more PPC and web 2.0 to get some quick traffic.

Same here. I believe Social Marketing will evolve into one Giant network of websites with more inter-active.

Hi Affcomm,

According to me one can increase traffic to their websites by
---- creating keyword rich content
--- and article submission

and there are some more things to do like:-
blog
RSS feeds
Ads submission
Press Release Submission
Bookmarking sites etc......

hi,anyone know how to use Facebook and Myspace to get traffic to website? The traffic is so mass in Facebook and Myspace that I registered the number of them last month.I have consummateed almost the information and added many friends,but the effect is not so good.The traffic of my website do not increase.I do not why.Anyone can help me or share your experience in promoting through Facebook or Myspace ?Any other feedback much appreciated, thanks. :)

Jeso Kona

I think the most effective way to get traffic is to popularize a website on social bookmark sites, like digg, stumble, etc. Secondly, keyword rich content! However, the internet marketing techniques are beneficial if equally carried out.

well,It seems that this topiv is so interesting that more and more persons come to follow it!If all the persons viewing it can post their posts to this topic,It will become more beneficial than you can imagine.I suggest that every one ca post your post to this post to attract more and more member' attention.:)

I like Forums, but the best is blog commenting. Find the best blogs by using google.
search using "KeywordLuv" "dofollow" "your keywords"
This will return blogs that will give you quality backlinks.

hi,do you mean that the best is leaving comment on others' blog ??maybe I should have a try your advice.thank you very much.If i have any other questions,can you help me? I will appreciate you for your help and points.

Be sure to leave only good well thought out comments and only on related blogs in your niche.

When bloggers review comments they can tell if they are just lame comments for links or traffic. For instance lots of people just leave comments like "great blog, keep up the good work" and most of us just delete those. So take the time to read the post and write something related about it, don't just post generic comments or they won't be approved.

I believed social network is one of the best and affective tool out there, Twitter is the best tool right now.

I also knw twitter can help you bring more traffic.But how to use twitter to promote site ?can you list some ways of twitter ?I have already registered a twitter ID,but I seens that this is not useful.

ere's my List of Link Building Strategies that are still useful

You?ll get permanent One Way Link if you don't Spam them

1. Directory Submission ? it is useful if the directory has quality links and doesn't contain bad links. Check out my list of directories.

2. Forums Posting ? links from other quality forums are ok but it's better if you will get links from related forums.

3. Blog Commenting ? when I do blog commenting I make sure that the blog is related to my site.

4. Submission to Bookmarking Site ? make sure that you don't spam the bookmarking site with lots of submission links from your site. Remember you need permanent link if you spam them, your link/account will get deleted. Check out my list of bookmarking site.

5. Yahoo Answer Posting ? useful for frequently crawling of search engine.

6. Submission to Niche Directory ? it's good to get links from niche directory. It adds value to your link relevancy.

7. Article Submission ? it doesn't give high traffic but the keywords that is use as anchor text in article content helps to improved SERP.

8. Press Release Submission ? like article the keywords in anchor text helps in SERP and also helps for promotional campaign.

9. Blog Post ? if you have blog for the site that you were optimizing and has related blog post with keywords on content linking to your site, the keywords that you use as anchor text will help your site improved rankings. It also give traffic to your site.

Hi,

Google search these keywords:

Twitscoop
Twibs
TweetDeck
Monitter
Twitbacks

Those websites should give you more information.

banners
Back