The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Increase traffic to website

affcomm

affiliate
Hi

Just wondering how affiliates would rank the below methods of increasing website traffic (what have you had the most success with?) 1-6, with 1 being excellent:

- keyword rich content
- article submission
- ppc
- auto responders (newsletters)
- forums
- directory listings
- other that I've forgotten to include? details pls.

any other feedback much appreciated, thanks.

Mine would have to be:
1. Great content - be it information, service, products... providing relevance and usefulness gives you higher chances of making a visitor into a customer
2. Forum and blog posting on relevant niche - you participate constructively and learn new things while promoting your site via signature.
3. Pay-Per-Click - done properly, best at getting target traffic faster on a direct marketing approach to your potential clients.
4. Targeted Link backs - another premium way of getting the right traffic.
5. Article marketing - useful and relevant articles to your niche is a nice way of link baiting.
6. Classified ads posting

For me, the strategies that work best for me are:

1) Keyword focus content and good search engine ranking
2) article marketing
3) blogging
4) stumbleupon

Directory submission didn't work well for me. Pay to get listed in some of the major directory, but didn't receive any traffic from them.

You generally wont receive traffic from directory submissions. I only use directoryr submissions to get my site indexed and to get a few links coming in. Its definitely not a long term traffic strategy.

Interesting that stumbleupon is in your top 4 strategies :)

yes, I was surprised too. It almost double my traffic the first day I use Stumbleupon. However, SU won't send you traffic unless you build great content and a community of friend in your SU network.

Use Press release,classifieds and link directories to increase traffic.
Social networking sites link myspace squidoo yahoo360 gives you good exposure to promote your products.

Hi affcom. I just rely on one strategy mentioned above: Keyword rich content. I have created a unique site that has been extremely successful for me with unique content. One other thing I may add is longevity. My site has been online for over three years and has garnered "grandfather status" in the search engines. I also have recently added a blog to it and that has generated more traffic. Any, and all of the above strategies can be quite productive given the proper attention and development. Take care and all the best.

Jazzguy (Lyle)

Hi guys. I've been out of the loop for a few months, but thought I'd drop in and see what the current topics are. On this one I'll lay out my whole strategy of what worked for me.

1) Build a content rich website of at least 5 pages
2) Add a wordpress blog to the website
3) Start a blogger blog on a keyword related to the website niche
4) Have links on the blogger blog to the wordpress blog
5) Start a blogroll on the wordpress blog that links to one of the website's inner content pages
6) Social bookmark both blogs to get listed in Google and Yahoo faster

After all of this is in place I add a content keyword page to the website once per week. Add posts about 70 - 100 words or so to each blog every 3 days.

Doing all of this for 6 to 8 weeks will get you on the front page of Google and usually within the top 20 on Yahoo. MSN will pick you up after the first month or so

Continue adding content to the blogs for another 3 months at least once per week and you can sustain your Google SERPs and move up in Yahoo.

Hope this helps.

I don't see any mentions of building a great content. I believe that any building traffic activity should be built on the great content framework.

Hi guys. I've been out of the loop for a few months, but thought I'd drop in and see what the current topics are. On this one I'll lay out my whole strategy of what worked for me.

1) Build a content rich website of at least 5 pages
2) Add a wordpress blog to the website
3) Start a blogger blog on a keyword related to the website niche
4) Have links on the blogger blog to the wordpress blog
5) Start a blogroll on the wordpress blog that links to one of the website's inner content pages
6) Social bookmark both blogs to get listed in Google and Yahoo faster

After all of this is in place I add a content keyword page to the website once per week. Add posts about 70 - 100 words or so to each blog every 3 days.

Doing all of this for 6 to 8 weeks will get you on the front page of Google and usually within the top 20 on Yahoo. MSN will pick you up after the first month or so

Continue adding content to the blogs for another 3 months at least once per week and you can sustain your Google SERPs and move up in Yahoo.

Hope this helps.

I'll give this exact strategy a try on one of my brand new sites. I'll report back with results :)

I use Traffic Exchanges a lot to generate traffic to my site but instead of promoting individual TE, I promote a Traffic Builder website which has 28 TEs under its wings. That's how I am starting to build my downline without much effort. Although my downline is not huge but I can see that it is slowly growing using this approach. Eventually when my downline gets bigger, traffic generation is completely on autopilot. In the process, I may earn some commision when members upgrade or purchase credits in these exchanges.

Ppc

I found that PPC is an excellent method to increase traffic to my website. However, it is a timely process. Do not expect instant results. However, with the right PPC advertising management company success is in the bag.

Everyone has listed some great strategies for generating traffic. When you have the right combination of the aforementioned methods, you can succeed. And I do agree that quality is just as important.

With regard to blogging, The Wall Street Journal recently published an article about monetizing blogs:

If you're not making money off your blog, 2008 might be the year.

As more people see potential in earning money off the Internet, there is a quickly expanding array of advertising services and tools for bloggers that go well beyond the standard pay-per-click text ads or display ads.

Many of the most widely used programs are adding features to allow users to customize the appearance and placement of ads on their sites. Some also are introducing newer money-making mediums such as audio and video ads.

You can read the rest here.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks Miranda - looks like a good article. Thanks for sharing!

Love all the great suggestions and feedback about how important it is
ti just generate great content. And I'm not surprised at all by
the members that are stressing it. My guess is they are some
or our most successful affiliates. :)

For me Web2 has been more successful these days. Blogging is my second best and directoriies/articles are my 3rd best.

MI
Back